Thursday, September 3, 2009

Considering the re-establishment of an old bad habit...

About a week ago, I pulled out my nail clippers and went to work on my finger nails...

I got distracted, and only completed the task at hand...just the left hand, that is...

Since then, I have been unable to find either one of my nail clippers...this is becoming quite annoying...try it sometime, clip one hand and leave the other one...if you aren't going batty after just an hour of this, you are one amazingly laid back person.

I used to bite my nails (and I KNOW this is sooooo totally disgusting, but I also used to chew off my toenails too...I know, I have come a LOOOOOOOOONG way...it's amazing I didn't die from horribly crippling disease due to that), but killed that habit when I started college. I just decided one day to stop, and I haven't ever since...

I am NOT buying another pair of clippers. But if I don't find them by tomorrow morning, my right hand will be scrubbed, rinsed, bleached, etc. and I will go to town on those buggers...I don't have strong nails, and they are worn and...I mean, it's amazing I have lasted this long.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I try not to bite my nails because when I was in college I was biting one and my nails are so strong, I actually chipped one of my teeth doing it. I hate having some nails longer than the others though so I know what you're feeling. I used to bit my toe nails, too, when I was young. I was getting ready to have a sleep over (in the 6th grade and was sitting in a chair biting my toe nails) and I was excited because a popular girl was coming. My dad threatened to tell everyone when they got there that I bite my toe nails, so I quit then and there

Jane said...

I would consider it a great feat of flexibility to be able to bite my toenails...