Sunday, September 13, 2009

Inspirational...

I have to say, the women that are in the General Auxiliary Presidencies are incredible. Every single one of them. Every time I hear them talk, I am baffled at their intelligence, their speaking ability, and how in tune they are with the Spirit. President Archibald (1st counselor stake presidency here and my institute teacher) said his vote for the new apostle (before Elder Anderson was put in) was for the General Relief Society President, Sister Julie B. Beck. Obviously she can't, but his point was that she was an incredibly sharp, intelligent, in tune daughter of God, which I totally agree with...and I have to say the same goes for Sister Elaine S. Dalton...

If you didn't watch Sister Dalton's CES Broadcast tonight, PLEASE take an hour of your time and watch/listen/read it. She is incredibly well read and there are quotes that she gave that I am making into posters and posting onto my mirror so I read them every day before I leave the house. And I don't do that ever. There is one up on my mirror at the moment, which also was inspired by her...and I promise you, I have never done that before. My sister and former and current roommate(s) can vouch for this. She is INCREDIBLY well read...she was quoting not only a number of scriptures, but Alexander Pope, Theodore Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, etc...the Roosevelt quote was AWESOME...

And the music was actually great this time...no train wreck! The fermatas during the first piece the choir did were too much...dramatic effect dims when you do too much...BUT the choir was good, the soloists were fairly good (girl was awesome, guy was slightly pitchy but not enough for me to cringe). Second piece was very good. :) So your ears won't be assaulted...

2 comments:

Bekah Jennings said...

So funny that tonight--of all nights--you would post on my blog, because as I got out my old "Tonal Music" blue theory textbook, I totally thought of you and wondered what you were up doing. I am excited to watch Sister Dalton's talk tomorrow on lds.org

Katy said...

They are so amazing! While in NM, I had the priceless opportunity to be trained with other Primary presdidents by Sister Lifferth and it was a fantastic experience. The thing I was most impressed with? Her loving patience with retarded questions.