Monday, September 7, 2009

The best time to fall in love...

...is the fall. Really, it is. You first meet at the end of a long hot summer (hopefully looking your best) and start dating when you can still do mostly outdoorsy dates...

Then the weather starts to cool. More of an excuse to hold hands, steal the others jacket, sit by a crackling fire, make your way through a corn maze together...gets even colder, more cuddling, go snow tubing, skiing, ice skating, snow ball fights. :)

Second best time is winter...but fall is best.

Fall is my favorite time of year. October is my favorite month. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I suppose those are all contributing factors to why I believe fall is the best time to fall for a guy...

Spring and summer are the worst times to first fall in love. You are hot, sweaty, did I mention hot???...as much as you may like the guy, you just don't want to be hotter than hot, and the human body is at a already quite warm 98 degrees already...and I am a creature who likes to hold hands and cuddle!

Starting about mid-spring, for some reason I stop having the constant 'hope' of meeting someone...it comes and goes, but it isn't at all prevalent...but sure enough, when the weather slightly starts being fall-ish, it comes right back. Sounds ridiculous, right?

I hope the next time it happens for me, it starts in the fall.

3 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

You know, I totally used to feel that way. I loooved the fall, and I would go into some romantic haze the entire season. And funny thing - I did meet Jared at the end of July and courted all fall long, I never realized I got my dream to come true! Thanks for reminding me of that:) But this fall, I am terrified at every sign of fall - because I know it won't end there, and I am terrriiifffiiieeeddddd of winter here. Please keep reminding me about the romantic and mysterious nature of the fall to try and jog my memory so I'll enjoy a little of this fall. I'm so scared of the winter!!!

And I wish you to fall in love in the fall too - although I can picture you all moony and dreamy in the spring too... Easter has a tad of a mystique too :)

Jane said...

You had me wondering who the lucky guy was. And fall sure sounds romantic when you put it like that. I hope your dream comes true...if it hasn't already and you just aren't telling us everything. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Ha...yeah, not in the cards this season, however much I wish it were...