Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I wake up...

...25 minutes before I am supposed to be at work. AND I have to iron my clothes, unload and reload dishwasher because I was too lazy to do it last night, clean up the counter a bit (again, lazy)...wash face is a must today, and brushing teeth is always an imperative...funny enough, we talked about our morning routines and essential role brushing the teeth in the morning has on that morning routine last night...

Instead of ironing, I sprinkle the scrubs with a bit of water and throw them into the dryer...giving me the ability for 5 minutes to take care of the kitchen.

The kitchen put away and cleaned 4 minutes later (a new world record, I am sure of it), I put on the hot scrubs which are perfectly pressed (I need to incorporate this technique more often...) and suddenly realize how cool the house is...I turn the AC to 80 for the day, and notice that the house was at a lovely 71 this morning (I turn it down to 75-74 at night)...

Splash water on face, brush teeth (A MUST!!!)

Socks...where are my socks?!?! Oh, there they are...k, am I forgetting anything?

Ha, only the most important thing...knees hit the ground for about 3 1/2 minutes I am guessing in severe gratitude that I woke up despite forgetting to turn the volume up on my phone which doubles as my alarm, then grab the culprit phone, bananas, purse, earrings, mascara, lotion...oh yeah, and the thing that I stayed up until 3am this morning to find that I really needed to mail forever ago...

Car is COVERED with dew/moisture...it was in the 50's last night evidently...my car being the evidence...longest line EVER to turn onto not even the main road...not quite longest line to turn on an even mainer road (is mainer a word??) but a very smart person in front of me reminded me of a shortcut and I followed...this entire time rolling my windows up and down to try and see through the blinding morning sun and the oh so reflective wetness that is attacking my car...

Amazingly, I arrived 25 minutes after waking up...

Now, to finish waking up...:/

3 comments:

Jane said...

Isn't it amazing what we can do when we have to?

EmilyLemily said...

Wow...amazing! Haha!

Rocketgirl said...

Phew! Those mornings are crazy, and yet I still always waste a few minutes checking my e.mail :)