Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thriller

Every Monday night at the Hutchison's, the YSA (young single adults, 18-30, in the LDS Church) gather for FHE (family home evening). Brother or Sister Hutchison come up with an 'ice-breaker'...or rather, a getting-to-know-you question that everyone has to answer.

Well, Brother Hutchison came up with the one last night: What is your favorite Michael Jackson memory or favorite MJ song...

Evidently I made quite the impression on the YSA when I first moved here...I learned a LOT of the dance to Thriller around Halloween that first year...bought the DVD from the Number One's Album that he put out with the music videos for all the songs...probably worth a bit of money right now, but I ain't selling it! Well, a YSA dance came up, Thriller came on, and yes, I, Elizabeth, danced to Thriller. And, as I found out last night, me dancing to Thriller is Amber's first memory of me. :)

So to honor the late genius Michael Jackson (yes, I say genius because he was...he had and continues to have an incredible influence on pop culture, let alone pop music and dance...more than most people I think really realize), I wanted to share with you this youtube video that I found...I can't even imagine how much time this guy put into making it...



So...what is your favorite memory or song of the King of Pop???

2 comments:

EmilyLemily said...

I didn't watch all of the video, but that was crazy!

donna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.