Friday, June 5, 2009

Dogs...

First of all, I am much better. Broke the fever the following day officially (it went down, went back up, and then went down again...now getting over the leftovers...)

Now...I have decided something. I have had cats most of my youthful years. I really do love cats. I have thought once or twice about getting one again, but being rather poor I decided against it. I have always thought that I would own a cat or two in the future...

I never truly hated dogs, or were scared of them. I wasn't 100% comfortable around them when I was younger, though. My sister was very afraid of dogs though. When I was a baby, my parents had one, but I have no recollection of him. My Dad always wanted another dog, but my Mom put down the law...not unless he builds an area in the yard just for the dog and he (Dad) would be the one taking care of it, including feeding, cleaning, walking and whatever else-ing it. Hasn't happened yet. :)


I lived with a lady here in Tuscaloosa for a couple of months who owned these girls...and I warmed up to the idea of having a dog. They didn't yip in the middle of the night at a squirrel (at least, I didn't hear them...), they were always happy to see anyone who came through the door, we went on walks and the dogs just made the walk that much more fun to go on...

All of my fellow front office coworkers own dogs and talk about them all the time. I saw a girl jogging in my neighborhood who had the most beautiful Cocker Spaniel (I think that is what it was) I had ever seen.

I imagined doing that with a beautiful Cocker Spaniel, and liked the idea A LOT. If I am not going to come home to someone, at least I can come home to something. And something that I can care about and that will love me back.

I am going to get a dog.

Now to move on with my life so that I can actually get one. :)

4 comments:

Janel said...

You can totally have our dog, he is so cool! He's an American bulldog, and he is the super sweetest. It would do you one better that having a "someone to come home to"....it would be more like a child (sort of) and everywhere you go people would say "wow, what a cool DOG!!" like they do to us. Hes fun! And I already had him neutered for ya!

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

I LOVE dogs! (Obviously) Cocker's are so loyal and friendly, but super social. They travel really well and will follow you anywhere, even without a leash. If you get one, pay close attention to their ears. They tend to collect moisture and are prone to yeast infections, which can be smelly and cause them to go deaf. Good luck! I LOVE dogs!

Jane said...

I love all animals - and puppies are so cute - but I have to side with the ones that will go outside and walk themselves when it's raining or snowing.

Daisy Valle said...

I will say that Emily has good reason to be afraid of dogs, but she does great with the right ones. A dog is a great idea. Just wait until you are ready and able and until you find the right. There needs to be some chemistry between you and the puppy... But dogs are awesome! I love mine!