Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dear Mt St Helens...


Please don't decide to blow what is left of your top off...at least, not today or the next couple of days.

You see, my baby sister is up there with her husband and some of his family.


They are camping.


Which means it would take them longer than normal to run away because they are 'roughing' it. Not that they could run away if you blew your top, because the gas, ash and what-have-you would reach them faster than a speeding bullet pretty much. So just don't do it again today.


I like my sister a lot...


in fact, she is the only one in the world who really understands me,


because she has been there...


growing up right there with me...


the whole time I have been here on this earth, minus two years. She and I in many many ways are complete opposites,


and we are both experts on getting on each others nerves.


But we love each other very much,


and I really would like her to stick around until we are both old.


So...yeah...if you could pick another day to blow your top (IF you are ever going to blow your top again, that is...), I would VERY much appreciate it!

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Iddlebett

(btw, Happy Belated Birthday Emily!!! Sorry I didn't do your birthday post, I was camping with a bunch of teenage girls...)

3 comments:

Jane said...

So, IS there a chance that Mount Saint Helen's is going to blow?

Elizabeth said...

Nah...at least, the seismologists and volcanologists don't think so...there really hasn't been any activity since January 2008...yes, I did look all this up. :) I didn't mean to, I actually was checking on the weather there cause my sister told me they hadn't gotten a good look at the summit because of rain...

EmilyLemily said...

aww! I finally read it! I love you! I really enjoyed all the pictures! And we didn't see the volcano at all because the road leading to it ended up being washed out, not because of the rain...but it was raining...