Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pictures of the Week, Part Two...

K, here is the continuation of the week:

Monday night my Mom, Dad and I drove out to AZ for Grandma Connie's funeral. My camera died, so I only got a few pictures...

The funeral on Tuesday was beautiful. All her daughters spoke, her granddaughter and I performed "In The Garden" and I made it through the whole song without crying, although I nearly lost it at the end...I allowed myself to cry as much as I wanted to after I sang.

I was glad to see lots of my cousins and their kids at the funeral. I was so happy so many of them came! Don't my cousins have cute kids?

These are Connie's daughters and daughter in law (her son died two years ago, so Sharon stepped in...). So these are my step-aunts...

K, the wedding! Here is Emily getting her hair done. I stayed the night at her pad and I don't think I actually got any sleep...her cats kept attacking me...:) I am glad she was able to get some sleep though!

Here we are half done with one thing. I had my makeup half done (one eye has liner, the other doesn't...) and her hair is half done...

I was Maid of Honor, so here I am getting my hair done.

Here is the Mommy of the Bride getting her makeup done...it was fun hanging out with the aunts that morning...

We were getting gussied up in Aunt Linda and Lindsey's hotel room...it was a little cramped but a lot of fun.

My Mom looked FANTASTIC!

Bride and Groom walking in...........

And then back out...:) Husband and Wife.

They were so cute, they kept stopping as they walked to their car...they really are very well matched!

Another moment I caught...

The beautiful bride...

The handsome groom in his dress mess...

The gifts...

Emily and Barron...they were always very very close. We always thought they should marry someone much like the other...I think they both did very very very well!

Me attempting a picture of the two of us...this is the best I could get. Sorry, I don't own a picture of a full shot of me in my getup...I am hoping someone else does.......:) The Aunts made me jewelry that matched my dress, and it was just BEAUTIFUL! And I will be able to wear it with both formal and non-formal stuff...

The car...



...the getaway...I am VERY loud, so turn down the volume on your computer...

......and the burn....yeah, 12:00-3:00pm I was out in the sun before someone said something, and ta dah!

The horrible thing is...

...IF it tans, my word it is going to look SOOOO bad...AND can you tell I was wearing jewelry...oh it is sooooo painful. I had a fever today. And I am getting sick...that I think is due to the fever...that I think is due to the sunburn...

4 comments:

The Allen Fam said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Loved the Dress Mess uniform, but why didn't he stay in them or did he for the reception?

Rocketgirl said...

No pictures of you in the dress?!?!!?! How could you have done this to me, I've been waiting oh-so-patiently!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane said...

Lovely funeral - gorgeous wedding, so fun - and nasty sunburn. I feel your pain, I do. Hope it heals well and quickly.

Janel said...

OK I just posted and awesome comment and then lost it...ARG!!!

Nutshell version: Loved your singing, and wedding photos, blah blah blah!! :D