Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Conscious...and the Gas Shortage...

So Michael Buble decided to do a second tour this year...which started today (I think)...and guess where he is going? Yeah, Birmingham, a mere 40 minute drive from my house.

The cheapest tickets are $50. And then the stupid ticketmaster fees are added upon it.

Why does the economy have to be so horribly bad right now? WHY? My desire/want/what-have-you is to go to this concert because I am mesmerized by him and his lovely singing style. I think he is delicious and I love his music almost as much as I love Frank Sinatra's.

I went so far to ask a friend if she would be interested in going, but she already has a few prior commitments this month...and of course that got me thinking realistically and thinking, you know, you may just need that $50 plus fees plus gas plus food money with the way things are going right now...

:( So I am not going...I may regret this for a while, but I think by about January I will be really grateful I did not make the purchase of the ticket.

(sniff, sniff)

/////////////////////////////////

Speaking of gas, have you heard about the craziness that is occurring here in the South? No really, we have run out of gas out here. I have been lucky I think. Gas stations here are only selling the cheap unleaded gas, and they run out completely every once in a while....

I am keeping my tank full. I go to refill it once it is down to 3/4 of a tank...

I REALLY want to go out to Atlanta this weekend, but being that Atlanta basically has run completely dry on gasoline from what I have heard, that just isn't really an option for me...unless of course I take an extra tank of gas with me, which just isn't happening.

WHY Atlanta this weekend? Well, Geneneral Conference, so I won't miss anything local, AND Scott and Penny had their second BABY!!! I am a cousin-once-removed again! (I go by Aunt Elizabeth though...) It might be a while before I can go out because I have to be here in T-Town the weekend after next...dag-na-bit.

4 comments:

The Allen Fam said...

I still can't post it on the internet. Someone still might try to replicate it and then if they got it copyrighted before I did then I could get into trouble when I submit my request for stealing their idea. It will be a little bit before I post it. Sorry! Just too many people have access to the internet that I don't trust. Kind of like the new movie that is coming out about windshield wipers

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

You're not the only one wishing on stars when it comes to Buble concerts!

Rocketgirl said...

Le sigh. Why is there no money, and why is there no gas?! I haven't filled up in weeks and I have not gone anywhere or did anything interesting. Grrrrr. You are totally welcome in Atlanta, we jsut can't offer you any gas:)

Jane said...

I am totally feeliing the same way about the Neil Diamond concerts (3) right here in The Jungle, right now! Way to go conscious.