Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rest In Peace...


When I was younger, I always thought that it was strange that gravestones had RIP on them. Being in ignorance, I just couldn't understand what ripping something had to do with a graveyard, death or whatever...


Well, I am older and slightly smarter now...



Grandma Connie passed away this morning. The funeral is probably going to be Tuesday morning. A real blessing in disguise. You see, I actually will be able to attend. I was already flying out tomorrow morning to NM for my sisters wedding...and will be there for a full week...we are driving out to AZ Monday afternoon and coming back to NM Tuesday night.



She wasn't my Grandma Raisor by any means, she was quite different. But she was definitely a wonderful, loving, sweet, cute, kind grandma to me. She was a grandma to anyone who wanted or would let her be their grandma. My good friend Amber came and lived with us for a while, and she remarked to me when she found out she passed away that she was such a sweet grandma to her, and she really truly was. I loved her very very very very much. I shall miss watching D-Backs games and eating popcorn and watching the Music Man and singing along with her and doing our silly leg exercises and her playing the piano and the stereo playing her old tapes with all kinds of fun music. I shall miss a great many things about her...

It makes me really happy to think that after being alone for so many many years, she doesn't have to be alone anymore.

4 comments:

Jane said...

So sorry for your loss.
It's good that you will be able to go back to see everyone. Safe journey

Becky said...

Be happy for Connie! She is with your Grandpa right now enjoying life and loving being able to see you now even when you are 2,000 miles away. I know she loves you very much and I am so glad that you get to go to the funneral to get the peace of it all. I love you. Stay strong!

Rocketgirl said...

I'm pulling for you - I am so happy that you'll get to be with your family. I'm also happy for the joy your family brings you:)

amrocks! said...

i love grandmom!