Saturday, August 2, 2008

Learning to dive...

I have an announcement: for the first time in history, Elizabeth actually dived off of the diving board. No, no pictures, no videos for evidence, but I did it!!!! It's great! No water shooting up my nose...

Before this, it was cannonballs and just jumping straight in.

What got me to do it? Well, it was me and a bunch of kids...when every single one of those kids can do a simple dive and I can't??? Yeah, I decided to actually give it a shot again...

Bad thing: took a bunch of bellyflops to do it...I broke a couple of veins under the skin, so I am a little purple in a couple of places. MAY have a sunburn as well, my skin is weird and it takes a couple of hours to show up. YES I put on sunscreen, but that is no guarantee with my skin...

At least I tried! And succeeded. I got a 7 out of 10 on one dive, so hopefully with time I will be closer to a 10! :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Way to conquer!! Nice job. I am not that cool yet...