Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Monsoon!!!, David's B'day Party AND Goodbye Sarah

I am driving home from work, and am greeted by the first dust storm of the season...

It looked something like this:



Pretty cool, huh? Not so cool part is car MAJORLY needs a car wash...

Which was then followed by one crazy thunderstorm...in fact, I thought at first that the dust storm had just kicked up a notch and that it was really windy. Then my roommate and I realized that it was freaking pouring rain! She got all freaked out because she often leaves her window down to keep her car cooler (when it's 105 outside, the inside of your car is about 200 or something like that...yeah, you are basically desperate to keep your car cool...) but luckily it was up this time.

Then about 20 minutes later it (the thunderstorm) dried up and it was about 95% humidity outside...felt like I was already back in Alabama...except it was much much much hotter.

/////////////////////////////////////

Went down to Casa Grande Monday night to celebrate David's 5th birthday! I CANNOT believe he is FIVE YEARS OLD. I mean, I was here when he was born. I remember when he first learned to walk. What happend?

So here is the David...I mean, the Spiderman:


He had to point out that there was a spider on each of the gloves that came in the Spiderman kit...I pointed out that there was also a spider on the mask...he had to pull it off to see it for himself.


There he is! BTW, have you noticed that he tends to wear Lightning McQueen shirts? :)


So the 'women' are jabbering in the other room, and all of a sudden we hear "pop, pop, pop!" Alice finds three boys eating a popped open bag of chips...while sitting on her windowsill. She came back wishing she had grabbed her camera before she told them to get off of the windowsill. I made them get back up, took the totally staged picture, and then made them get off. So here you go Alice...I am kinda thinkin' I should've used a flash or turned on a light for this picture though, what do you think???

////////////////////////////////////////////

My former roommate Sarah is taking off for Northern Michigan to train at the Olympic Training Center focusing on weightlifting. She leaves tomorrow. So we had to go to Olive Garden to mourn, celebrate, whatever you want to call, her departure. I am happy for her and sad to see her go, she really liked AZ and had an amazing weightlifting coach here but I mean, this is an Olympic Training Center!!!

The three stooges themselves, muah, Sarah and Diana (current roomie).

BTW, she (Sarah) won second place (as in, silver medal!) at the Junior World Weightlifting Championship in Colombia (yes, the country). She is the champion, my friends. She will do well. Hopefully she will improve over the next few years and make it to the 2012 Olympics...woot woot!

(yes, she changed professions from throwing to lifting...LONG story)

1 comment:

Jane said...

That is a freaky storm - I don't think I've ever seen one that big.