Sunday, June 29, 2008

1856: the Musical and Rocketgirl's Tag


Last night I went and saw the musical 1856 with my Aunt Dianne, Trudy, Debbie (friend of my Aunt's) and Robert (my cousin's son, Aunt Dianne's grandson). I was quite impressed with it, cried through pretty much all of the third Act...


The REAL reason why we went to see it was to see Cade (another cousin's son) perform with the band...this is Cade and his grandfather who is really fostering Cade's musical talents which I think is just wonderful, Cade is doing SO well...


Here is a picture of him performing with the band, and below are two video's of him playing...they are a bit long. I have to admit, the second one is my favorite!






It's a little dark, but evidently this song is about a chicken, and so he was strutting a little bit...hopefully you can tell, it's easier to see on my camera...


And GUESS who I met! Joseph Paer...most members of the Church will recognize him, but he is the star in Rigoletto, the movie, and a few other movies including the Church movie The Testaments. Totally cool to meet him!!! I think he mostly does operas, plays, musicals, stuff like that. He played the part of Brigham Young in this musical.

///////////////////////////////////////////

Okay, here is the tag that Rocketgirl tagged me on quite a while ago...

FIVE Uninteresting things about myself...this may be a little difficult because I am pretty much the most interesting person on the planet...

1. I have spotty teeth...I do, you will have to check them out one of these days...

2. The first boy I remember being 'in love' with was in 3rd grade, his name was Travis, and he had glasses and red hair...thus I am VERY attracted to men with glasses and red hair. He actually passed a note to me once that was a check yes or no note which sparked the birds and the bees talk from my Mom when I told her...

3. We had a BIG tire swing in the backyard when we lived in Idaho (when I was age 3-7)...I miss that swing...and the back porch with stairs down to the ground level...and the sandbox...

4. I have three small bumps on my scalp...no they aren't cancerous, they aren't bald spots, just bumps...it runs in the family evidently...

5. I have tried since I was 4 I think to learn how to move one toe at a time...and I still am trying...with very little success. Only the big toe...although I did learn how to pop all of my toes without touching them...they crack really easily now. When I had my massage a few weeks ago, the therapist asked if she had just hurt me because she barely touched my toes and they cracked...I laughed and explained to her my incredible talent, which I usually use as my 'cool' talent...you know, most people use the moving ears, bend thumb all the way back kind of tricks...mines a little one of a kind...ok, it really isn't THAT interesting...

5 comments:

Janel said...

awwwwww, thanks for putting that up there!! Love the video!! And I'm especially happy because now I can have my mom see it, she was wanting to go to te play in UT it was just a little too far away. Thanks, you're the best!! :D

Daisy Valle said...

Dude... I have glasses and red hair!! Too bad I'm really short... and not a boy.... ha ha ha

Daisy Valle said...

Oh... and meeting Joseph Paer?? That rocks, dude!! I LOVED him in Rigoletto!

Jane said...

Totally fun!! I love theater, I will see anything on a stage. Awesome.
P.S. I totally stole the idea for a visitor map from you

Rocketgirl said...

That's hilarious - my brother spent years trying to move each toe individially, and he can DO IT! I should get a video up of it...