Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fat makes you lose Fat!!! and Ode to my Coworker

K, I have heard things like this, but I found this fabulous article HERE because I am trying to be slightly more healthy and because I dink around on msnbc A LOT on my downtown at work...

Now, if you like oil (granted not ALL oils), nuts, avocados, olives and chocolate, guess what!?! they contain monounsaturated fatty acids (k, I guess they are acids, not fat) or MUFA's and studies have shown that they help reduce fat, specifically the fat around your tummy...and they suggest to have a serving (NOT A MOUNTAIN WORTH!!!) of one of these 5 MUFA filled foods with every meal to help reduce how much fat you have along with a good healthy diet...

I LOVE oil, nuts, avocados, olives, and who here doesn't know how much I love chocolate?! This article made me happy.

(fyi...according to the elliptical machine, I burned off 370 calories today! Yesterday was 333. Today was harder, but once I pushed past the hard part is was easy sailing...getting back into the swing of things...)

//////////////////////////////////////

K, so there is this lady that I work with. For a very long time I really didn't like her, and I didn't think she liked me. I still am not sure if she likes me or not, I just don't know how to read her...

Anyways, she recently had to move closer to me, so I of course hear a lot more of her conversations than I used to (I have GREAT ears most of the time, sometimes I have a hard time focusing on exactly what I am trying to listen to though...and I am great at being a little nosy...).

My observations have brought me to this conclusion: she is probably more Christian than most of the Church leaders/teachers/friends I have ever known. Seriously.

Now, she is NOT a member of my Church, I believe she is actually a Southern Baptist, but I am not sure about that either. I know she goes every week, she does Bible study during the week, she is involved with service projects, etc., it's a very involved Church that she belongs to.

I have listened to little bits of her conversations with people at work and a couple on the phone, and I tell you, she is grounded and is just SO good. She gives very good and sound advice and is able to back up her advice NOT from the preacher but from the Bible itself...I have heard her quote her preacher here and there, but most of the stuff she says is from the scriptures.

She was one of the few people on the team that was willing to sit next to the 'trouble maker' on the team, and said 'trouble maker' has since tamed down quite a bit since that move, and I think it is largely due to her. She is very strong, she is very wise, very kind...she can come off as though she doesn't really care for you, but she really does have a very good and Christian outlook on life and she lives it. She really is a good example to me.

And she has the BEST sense of humor!!! I love it!

Anyways, there is my ode.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Ah, so good to be surrounded by good people. ANd so good to share it - merci!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, it took me a long time to appreciate that about her though...I didn't get a good first impression of her...it's amazing what getting to know a person does to change your opinion of them.