Thursday, June 12, 2008

Institute...and Vampires

INSTITUTE was FABULOUS!!! Brother Calton taught (subbed for Brother Wright). To think I ALMOST didn't go. I am kicking myself for being LATE!!!

Bar NONE, he is the best institute teacher I have ever had. He is in tune...it was amazing how every single class I was in with him at ASU my freshman year, he taught EXACTLY what I needed to hear.

I mean, I come home after work pondering over something...and Brother Calton talks about what??? Oh, just GUESS!!! This was a pick your own topic class, and he was subbing, so basically he just was totally inspired to say what he did...so...yeah, it was pretty much awesome. And pretty much the whole lesson went over things I had recently pondered/prayed about...it was wonderful. (Of course, not EVERYTHING, just a lot of things that I had recently pondered...I like to think that it was inspiration...) He is just fabulous anyways...he has a photographic memory...before I even met him he went over the pictures of all the new students at the Tempe Institute and had learned their names...he then came up to me (still, before we had met...) and knew my name and other stuff and walked away...I was rather freaked out initially...then I talked with another teacher and discovered this talent of his. He is a great teacher, an amazing student of the scriptures and the words of the living prophets...

Church is TRUE!!!

....................ps, why else was institute fabulous tonight??? well...

because my friend Chris Reed was there from way back in San Marcos ward days, it was WAY awesome to see him, sat next to him for the class,

MAYBE talked a friend into going to Disneyland with me before I leave to go to Bama, AND...

yes I am moving, but there is this guy here who I REALLY have wanted to meet for a long long time now, and I, yes, I am silly, I kinda sorta really did pray in my heart that I would finally find a way to meet him (I am NOT the sort of girl that goes up to a guy and introduces herself to a guy...not at ALL)...and so it turns out that my friend who MAY go to Disneyland with me is friends with his friend...yay for friend of a friend of a friend!!! So next...no, not next week, dang it!! that's the family reunion! WHY?!? okay, so in TWO weeks I will finally meet this guy...name is Andrew I think...want to know what he looks like? He looks almost EXACTLY like Hugh Jackman (the guy in Kate and Leopold and, well, Wolverine in XMEN...and he is probably in a hundred million other movies). Seriously, they could be twins. Very, VERY good looking.


//////////////////////////////////////////////

K, so this part really isn't about vampires, sorry to disappoint. Actually, it's about giving blood. Can I just say that it is SO important to help out your community, and one way to do that is to donate (if you can). I was able to give blood today, I was hoping to do a power red, but my iron was too low for that so I gave a regular donation. Thankfully I had enough iron to do that! Last time I tried to donate (in December or January I think) I wasn't able to donate at all because my iron was too low. I suddenly became a fan of iron rich anythings...it takes a long time to get your iron level up, not something you can fix overnight, ESPECIALLY as a female.

To boost your iron levels, eat eggs, broccoli, whole wheat bread, spinach, apricots, beef, poptarts (yes, really), enriched rice, beans, cooked oysters (blech!), molasses (best if IN something than by itself), liver, fortified cereal, etc. And take Vitamin C with it!! The Vitamin C helps for you to actually absorb the iron.

Or just take iron supplements. :)

GIVE BLOOD!!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

Oh my gosh....I was SO CURIOUS about the vampires...and it was just about giving blood?! I am so bummed! Actually, I'm not..I had a good laugh! Thanks!

Rocketgirl said...

Can't wait for you to move!!! But of course you'll meet him and it will be totally cool -because we ALWAYS meet amazing/hot guys juuuuuust before we leave:) I'll be in Anaheim (Disneyland Land) the last week of June - if you are, we gotta meet up!