Friday, October 17, 2008

Falling In Love...

No, not dating anyone...

I just finished the new Nicholas Sparks book called "The Lucky One" and loved it. Read it! Totally a girly book, so girls...

The girl in the book...her name is Elizabeth ( :) )...but to all but the guy her name is Beth...my favorite quote of the book:

"He'd seen something cross her face when he's called her Elizabeth, some emotion he couldn't identify. The name captured her essence far more than plain and simple "Beth." There was an elegance to it that matched the graceful way she moved, and though he hadn't planned on calling her that, the syllables had rolled of his tongue as if he'd had no choice."

.....sigh....

Yep, relived falling in love through this book. BTW, he is the author of such marvelously wonderful books such as "The Notebook", "A Walk to Remember", "Message in a Bottle", "The Guardian", etc. etc....

hopeless romantic...you betcha!

/////////////////////////////////////

Friday night...nothing to do...I miss Arizona...a lot...I need another book...any suggestions?...don't suggest the Twilight series, I am waiting for a holiday weekend when I will have the time that I am guessing I will need to devote to reading all of those blasted books...

6 comments:

Kayla said...

Have you read The Host yet? It's easier because it's only one book and not a series. I LOVED it, even a little more than the Twilight series.

The Allen Fam said...

"I am waiting for a holiday weekend when I will have the time that I am guessing I will need to devote to reading all of those blasted books..."

Blasted books?!?! Oh the slander the horror. They are great, not BLASTED! (just giving you a hard time.) And you should probably read them at least Twilight, the first one,before you come here cause we will probably go see the movie together.

The Host is a good one as Kayla sugessted, Stephenie Meyer's, yes the same author as Twilight, description of AZ is pretty good espically if you have been to Picacho Peak. The Hunger Games is another one that is good by Suzanne Collins, and that is the November book for a book club that I am with. I read it 2 weeks ago. I will go get the book you sugessted. Thank you.

Jane said...

This one is older but I loved it "Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card. Quite different from his usual style, but really good.

The Allen Fam said...

You are in big trouble! When you recommend a story with someone you should warn them about disturbing parts before they start reading the book. I have had to skip over the parts in Iraq because I know someone close to him will die! The story is good but I have having a difficult time reading it. Matt is leavine in only 3 weeks from yesterday.

It's ok, just a little warning would have been nice.

The Allen Fam said...

I just finished it. I had to skip over those parts because well you know why. The book was ok, but I didn't like the ending. It was way too short. All the sudden Bam, the book is over and yeah. I'm glad that justice was paid but I started to yell at the book for a little bit.

amrocks! said...

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It's a short, quick read, but wonderful. :)