Monday, October 6, 2008

Stupid Things??? About Me???

So I have been tagged, and the tag is to post seven stupid things about me...

...definition of stupid:

stu·pid
[stoo-pid, styoo‑] -er, -est, noun –adjective

1.lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
2.characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
3.tediously dull, esp. due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
4.annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.
5.in a state of stupor; stupefied: stupid from fatigue.

so here we go...

1. My ability to speak...at least this applied to me today. I can think just fine and dandy, but when I open my mouth the words that come out quite often make no sense...people then look at me like I am stupid...I really am a genius, I just can't get the evidence of my great genius outside of my head...

2. I set all three of the alarms on my cell phone...just in case. Now, anyone of you who know me well KNOW that I am quite the light sleeper. I am very good at looking like I am asleep when you guys are really irritating me by continuing your conversation late into the night...I gained the ability of looking like I am asleep through years of fooling my Daddy when he would come into the room. I learned to relax my eyes so that they were looking in one direction, and if I needed to move I would act like people do when they are sleeping, twitch a little, make a little noise...yeah, should've been an actress, right? :) Ha! ANYWAYS, I don't need the other two, but I set them anyways. Pointless. Stupid...

3. I go off on tangents...

4. I have the ability to redream a dream if I want to. Not really any point to it, I just can. So if I liked a dream, I will redream it right after I wake up from it in the middle of the night or the next day or the next week. I loved this ability as a child, because I would have this reoccuring nightmare about three witches and so I had a backup dream to dream after the nightmare and I would relax enough to sleep really well after that dream...

5. I love slinkys. Really, I do...

6. So when I was younger, as in a child younger, I would lay on my bed and daydream my heart away, watching these amazing fantasies play out in my mind...so, (and I can't believe I am admitting to this, and maybe by admitting to this I will stop...maybe :) ) I still do this, except now I dream out certain scenes over and over again, only the characters in the daydream change. For example, I am in the hospital, staying overnight because of some major illness and I still may not pull through. I never want it, because it gets in the way, but there has to be the obligatory IV going in my left arm. The main character or characters always come in on the left side of the bed, and, if there is a bad guy (or girl for that matter) he comes in on my right. Someone is sitting in the uncomfortable pink chair that looks much like the chairs that sit outside the Bishop's office in some older churches, with their head down, resting it on their hands, possibly praying. Anyways, I play out what the characters would do. I play out all sorts of characters, celebrities, movie characters, people I work with, grade school friends and enemies, people I just met, boys...yeah, sometimes even boys...ha. What they would say, if they would bring anything with them, sometimes the nurse comes in and interrupts with my horrible hospital meal or checks my vitals or tells the masses that come into my room to go away. Stupid, right? Maybe I should be a writer, write out all these scenes as they go in my head.

7. Bugs in the south are way bigger than bugs anywhere else I have been. That may not sound stupid to you, but I think it is really stupid that they are bigger here...yes, I just killed a very very very very large bug that was in my room, and now I have to watch a happy movie so that I don't have a nightmare about the bug. Oh yeah, that's another stupid thing about me. I don't particulary like scary movies, not because they freak me out, I just don't gain much enjoyment from them anymore...anyways, if I do watch something scary I have to watch something happy after the movie, otherwise I have really bad nightmares that night and I wake up all through the night and get a very bad nights sleep...same thing goes with bugs.

5 comments:

Janel said...

I am cracking up at your hospital scenario. You are so funny!!

Elizabeth said...

lol...yeah, I don't daydream a lot, so it's on the rare occasion that I actually do do that...:)

Kayla said...

You crack me up ;)I can be a day dreamer too, so I know how that goes :) LOL

Big Tom the Great and Magnificent said...

I can re-dream too. I also have a warning that lets me know when a nightmare is coming. I can choose to proceed or not. sometimes I choose to proceed anyway and take it like a man..just to prove i am not scared or wimpy...i always regret that. weird how our mids work. i think we are all nuckin futs

Jane said...

Wow - you are super talented. Sometimes I have to redream the nasty dream again because I can't get out of it, even after I go back to sleep, it picks up where it left off.