Sunday, October 12, 2008

How to Host a Murder: The Good, The Bad, And The Guilty

So my friend Nichee hosted a How to Host a Murder Party. I have done this once before with her. Last time it was the "Archeologically Speaking, It's The Pits", and in that one I was Terra Sunder...who owned the lingerie line called Terra's Underwear...and this was what I looked like:

So yeah, there you have it. I was the murderer last time.

Being that last time I was, well frankly, the slut, I kinda pushed for that role again ONLY BECAUSE I didn't want to be the murderer this time and I wanted to find out who it was...

This time, my character was Elvira-Lynn Fekshin...the soiled dove, saloon girl what have you.


Christina folding the napkins all cool for the dinner table...

The caramel apples that we made...yeah, we had some issues with sss...most of them...

The map, secret clues, name tags and personal booklets full of clues...

Me getting ready...nails...

Hair...

Half of my makeup...oh, didn't the hair turn out nice? That feather thingy I found at Hobby lobby for $1.99, totally perfect!

...and the costume. Sorry folks, I didn't get a full body shot, so no peak at the bloomers (yes, I got bloomers, they are AWESOME!)...

Close up of makeup and necklace...I already had that so I didn't have to buy any, yay! Not a good picture, sorry, I tried...

I LOVED the back of the outfit, look at that bow! Yeah, I am totally about the frills...

Chief Breaking Wind...the last remaining member of the Cowpai tribe...aka Cody

P'elvis Swagerin...the strange Cowboy in town...aka Chris...

Wyatt Hertz...the Sheriff...aka Jim and Elias Truist-Heath (He lies through his teeth, took us a LONG time to figure out what the 'other' name for him was...)...the handsome cowboy...aka Steven...Helena Handcart...the matriarch of the Handcart Clan...aka Alison...

Dee Adela Muerta, the Mexican beauty...aka Christina...and Butch Chastity...the outlaw of female outlaws...aka Nichee...she had more on, but we were already cleaning up by the time I started taking pictures, sorry...

We had a LOT of fun I think. The dinner was FABULOUS, Nichee made ribs and they were just wonderful, mashed potatoes, northern style creamed corn (with whole corn mixed in, far better than just the creamy stuff for sure!), rolls...oh, yeah, lime twist to drink, just sprite with lime squeezed into it, very good...

But, you could sure tell we were from the South...we put the tv on mute with the Florida, LSU game on...Alabama had the weekend off, which is why we were able to get anyone to come to the party in the first place...although one of the party was an Auburn fan...by the way, they lost...second time this season...and that makes many people in my general area quite happy...for some reason...

Oh...the murderer...yeah, I picked the part to make sure that I wasn't the murderer this time, because SURELY they would pick someone else to be the murderer...ha...I was wrong. It was me again. Nichee said she is going to figure out who the murderer is and be that character next time so that I am not the murderer again. :)

I think I need to find a local costume contest...I would totally win, I think...

3 comments:

Jane said...

Such a fun party! I totally want to have one now...next time don't be the naughty girl.

The Allen Fam said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on your new calling!

Caroline said...

Fun! Good job on the costume!