Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tired but can't sleep

It's 2:00am. I folded all the laundry that I was going to put off until tomorrow. I took some medicine that usually makes me drousy. And here I am blogging. So before I forget, here are some comments about my weekend.

It was wonderful!

Saturday morning I was home, woke up, washed hair, turned on conference. As I was sitting there I felt like I really needed to wear something better than grubbies for the occassion, so I paused the video (yay for internet connections to conference) and changed into Sunday dress, blew dry my hair and bothered with a little bit of makeup. Came back and I was glad I did. What an incredible opportunity to sustain the prophet of God. I cried, which is a rather common thing...but, it was a very different cry than what I am used to.

In between sessions I attempted to write a draft of an email to send out to my ward about getting their 2 week drinking water supply. Have only had one response to the draft so far (waiting for 2 more...one I don't really plan on getting...the other I hope to get). Then I bolted to one of the Angel's houses and watched the afternoon session. The Angel who hosted it gave each of the girls a marble tile with "I Know He Lives" etched into it and painted with gold and a backdrop of the ascension with all of us Angels...yeah, I will take a picture...to lazy to do it now, but it is amazing!! Very sweet of him to do that for us.

Came home, took care of a few things and drove down to Casa Grande to spend the rest of the weekend with my Aunt and Uncle. It was wonderfully relaxing. Slept in a little, watched conference, ate good food (I got CHEESE TOAST!!!).

My impression of President Monson: I think I must have had a similar experience to what Elder Holland had. During the middle of his talk, it seriously felt like the prophetic mantle landed squarely on his shoulders. Did anyone else get that? It was amazing! His words had, I don't know, an extra umph to them. Like the words he was saying when straight from his mouth to my heart. Amazing what the Spirit does.

Oh, and he is HILARIOUS!!!

Guys, President Monson asked us to pray for him. We might also include Sister Monson in our prayers, because that would really bless him. She is having a really rough time right now, and will be for a long time. Back problems are nothing to mess around with. My Aunt Pat is going through it right now. You seriously can't bend, twist or left ANYTHING until it totally heals. If you do, a disk will just slide right out of your spinal chord. It can be that serious.

Elizabeth is happy! Sad I can't go to sleep, but happy (I decided that since Sister Monson and Sister Ballard aren't complaining, that I shouldn't either...wish me luck in this venture...).

1 comment:

Jane said...

Golly, you're a sweet person. I love to read your blog, even if I don't comment as often as I should. Thank you.