Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The last post on you know who...ever...

Well, it was going to happen one day. I have discovered that the ex-fiance is engaged. Going to be married right around the time we were going to be last year.

Yeah, hit me like a ton of bricks. More like a semi-truck going about 65mph head on actually. It wasn't jealousy. It wasn't hate. It was...it happened. And we are really really really over. There isn't even a chance. Not that I expected it to happen, because I totally and seriously didn't. It's just...it's hard to explain. That episode in my life is officially sealed shut, I guess. My love for him as he formerly was to be my husband, whatever was left of it, is now thoroughly gone.

Yeah, anyways, I can't describe it. But, all I wanted to do was leave work, go to the store and buy a gallon of chocolate ice cream, eat it for dinner, and watch movies so that I could lose myself in them and not think about it and hopefully fall asleep during the middle of one.

I decided that that wasn't a good idea, but that it was still going to happen without help.

Two emails and four texts later my BFF (yeah, I know corny, but really, she is...she might as well be my sister, we already look like we are and get mistaken for sisters still!) calls me at work and, seriously, worked a miracle...

(PLEASE DON'T kill me for the following picture, but it's the ONLY digital one I have of you and you are WAY cuter than me!!! I mean, give us a break, we had had like 3 hours of sleep cause we had been up ALL night talking cause we hadn't seen each other in eons and then she had to leave bright and early that morning)


...she told me some amazing and miraculous things that were happening in her life. I do not have liberty to share them, but...imagine in whatever stage of life you are in at the moment. Now, think of the one thing that you want the most. Now, imagine it happening. Yeah, like that amazingly wonderful and beautiful. Now, make it WAY better than that...k, you are close...

If I hadn't been at work when she told me, she would still have ringing in her ear from the squeal I would've given. Yeah, THAT exciting.

I am right as rain. Seriously. No gallon of chocolate ice cream. I am home alone, blogging. And grinning from corner to corner for her. I watered my little veggie garden and talked to it a bit. Got into my grubbies and am about to enjoy the first movie that I have seen at home for like 3 months I think. Yeah, nutso. Okay, it probably hasn't been that long. In fact, I probably have a blog entry posted recently that I actually said I watched a movie at home.

The Enchanted Party does not count.

Anyways. That's not the point.

The point is that Heavenly Father knew that I needed something right then. And He blessed me with exactly what I needed. (yes, her telling me her good news was EXACTLY what I needed, that was an answer to lots of prayers and fasting on a number of peoples parts I think)

And you know, if I had found out about the ex sooner than today, I would be a royal mess right now. Heavenly Father really does have perfect timing.

I am fine. Seriously, quite happy actually. Better than I was last Friday night, for sure!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

The one thing that does get me though:

he is using the EXACT spot WE were going to use for OUR reception. Jerkface!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Seriously, that's the only one. She is PERFECT for him from what I have been able to find out (which isn't much), and he really is perfect for her. They couldn't be more suited for each other, actually I think, from what little I know. And she is a brunette, which he always wanted.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thus dies the last blog entry I will ever write out him.

:) Night ya'll!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Boys. Who can say?
Yay for your friend and yay for her good news!!
And yay for you getting really and truly done with a boy who doesn't deserve someone as sweet and good as you.

Ashley said...

I am so encouraged by your positive outlook and I'm glad you were able to get some perspective and realize it wasn't worth hurting over. Keep it up! Also, the sarcasma ad was hilarious!

Rocketgirl said...

Holy SNAP... wow. I know, it's over and all that, but I know there's taht tiny little prick in your tummy - even if it's small, ice cream is necessary. But since you are such a freaking awesome friend, some happy empathy will work out nicely:)
Poor, poor W. No matter what they say about her being perfect for him, he should still be pitied for passing over something so utterly fabulous. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Aimee said...

Good for you! You deserve the absolute best and now you are wide open for that to happen. FYI an hour on the treadmill feels a million times better than ice cream...trust me on that one!