Thursday, April 17, 2008

One Year Older...

Well, good-bye 25. I really didn't like you as an age from the very beginning.

Why?

One: halfway point between 20 and 30...yeah, kinda scary to me.
Two: broken heart
Three: depression
Four: TWO car accidents
Five: someone else 'broke up' with me (NOT talking about it, still confused about that one...)
Six: Crazy roommate situation
Seven: gained TWENTY freaking pounds
Eight: see last post

There are others, but that's enough.

I won't mind 26 so much, I think. It can't be any worse than 25 was as a whole.

The best things about 25

One: I recovered from the broken heart much faster than my first broken heart, so that shows movement in the right direction I think.
Two: EASTER PAGEANT!!! Seriously, I can't tell you how wonderful that was and still is proving to be!
Three: new car!!!
Four: I am in Arizona, and am here when babies are being born to best friend, cousins, when they are getting baptized, etc.
Five: I have become SO much closer to God over this last year. Far from perfect, but a whole lot closer. Blessed with miracles as well, for sure.
Six: I have a job with benefits, which I have needed over the year.
Seven: My callings...they really have been challenging and fabulous at the same time.
Eight: Lost 12 of the 20 pounds I gained so far.

There are of course more, but...hey, can't list EVERYTHING on here.


...and wiser too, Happy Birthday...to ME!

(some pictures may be posted later...maybe...in addition to this post...)

6 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope it is an extra special day.

The Allen Fam said...

HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Rocketgirl said...

HAPPY HAPPY!!!! I love this post - and I LOVE the ups of year 25. 26will be fabulous, I know. And you've done an incredible job of being the best Elizabeth this year, and I love your attitude. CELEBRATE!!!!

Janel said...

Happy happy birthday Elizabeth dear, happy days will come to you all year. If I had one wish then it would be, a happy happy birthday to you from me!!

Love you, and I know next year will be full of more happy things than 25 was.

Ashley said...

Aw, happy late birthday! Hope 26 treats you well.

Candice said...

Happy Birthday! ( a little late!) Hope you had an awesome day!