Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Grateful for...and the Office...and checking baggage

SPOILER ALERT: If you haven't watched the last episode of the Office, DON'T READ the second part of this blog. You have been warned.

Now, I am grateful of course for family, friends, Church, God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, the living Prophet Thomas S Monson who can WIGGLE HIS EARS (watch it on youtube, it's fantastic!) and who has an incredible living testimony of the Gospel and all the other usual things people are grateful for.

Here are some of the unusual:

-my Catholic friend at work who I have long emailed conversations with (we talked about the irony of Johnny Appleseed today, very interesting actually...)
-OVERTIME
-nice police officers
-water
-free brownies
-email
-pedicures
-Red lights so I can put my lip gloss on on the way to work
-alcohol free lotion
-pretty pictures
-elevators opening up when you push the button
-peace
-stress

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

K, so seriously, don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled...





HE IS GOING TO PROPOSE!!?!?!?!!????!?!?!???!?!!!?!!?!!!!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?

AND HE BOUGHT THE RING A WEEK AFTER THEY STARTED DATING?!??!?!

Whoa buddy! She is kinda freaking out a bit I think...

I would be too. I mean, they started dating at the beginning of the season? Which, granted, was last fall, but, you know, writer's strike...did all that time also pass at Dunder Mifflin?

I KNOW, that happened to me, but we knew each other for 11 years...

k, I was an idiot, I know. Not doing that again.

Anyways. Wow, I can't believe it.

Yeah, and there were just SO many great moments in this segment, from Michael threatening to fire everyone if they didn't write down a name and number of someone he could get hooked up with to the parking spaces to the chair lady to his date with Pam's landlord...

my Gosh it was fabulous.

WATCH THE DELETED SCENES. They are worth it.

Oh, and I am thankful for www.nbc.com/The_Office

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Five of the Six major airlines, in order to offset skyrocketing fuel prices, are going to start charging money to check a second bag now. Yeah, you heard me right. Or, well, you can't hear me, you are reading my words...but I suppose as you are reading you could pretend it was my voice in your head, therefore making it such that you are hearing me...

Anyways, here is the link to the article I discovered today on break:

LINK

So, pack light or mail it. Or do without. That's going to stink for business travelers. Southwest may just get more of them because of this change...I mean...$25 for a second checked bag? PLEASE!! One of the airlines is only charging $10, but still, that's a pretty penny and adds up. Ah well, times are changing.

3 comments:

Janel said...

Weeeeeel, I dont think its that bad to chrge for the second bag. What I DO wish *steps up on soapbox* is that all these inconsiderate people wold stop carrying on full size luggage pieces PLUS a "laptop" in other words a giant briefcase plus a "purse" in other words a full on backpack or huge shopping bag full of stuff. And the flight attendants never say anything, its so rude!! They take up all the space and its ridiculous, just so they don't have to check a bag. Bleh! Obviously this rule is going to make that problem much worse. The flight attendants are going to have to get some cahones and start enforcing the carryon rules as well. Yeah, for a while you will have some pissed off people but they will catch on eventually and stop taking advantage of the carryons. People will just have to budget an extra 25 dollars for their trip. Its not a big deal. If you can't afford the 25 dollars, mabye you cant afford the trip. Duh.


And i LOVED the office. I think its awesome that they are entertaining us with a relationship that is not a 'break up, get back together' type of thing. they are just so fun. Also, remember they have been friends since the show started, they only recently have been dating but have known each other for a long time.

Anonymous said...

$25 for the extra checked bag = $50 round trip.

When we flew American Airlines earlier this month they charged $2.00 per bag to check them curbside. Then they charged us for snacks on the plane $3.00 for a cookie. Talk about nickeling and diming us to death!

Becky's mom

Jane said...

Oy. What a mess travel is. The gas prices and the airlines and train tickets will go up now just beause they can. I might just have to stay home FOREVER...