Saturday, April 26, 2008

NEW TEMPLE IN GILBERT AZ!!! and how #1 went and random observations

Google "two new temples announced in Arizona" and you will by now find about a gazillion blogs and news articles on it. But I seem to be special and in the know about this. Don't get me wrong, I found out today, but I got an extra tidbit:they have a location in mind. AND I CAN WALK TO IT! Yeah, right by my house. When advertising for new roommates I can put: within walking distance to new Gilbert Arizona temple. Dag yo, this girl is SO excited!

No worries, still coming to Bama, but like I have said, I won't be there for long...but I do have plans to go get my PhD starting in Fall 2009, but I have to admit, being here while this temple is being built is RATHER tempting...perhaps I will start an MBA program at ASU once I finish the theory degree...and THEN get my PhD. Yeah, I could be a professional student. And an MBA is a good thing to have. And a lot of companies here have programs where they pay for your schooling as long as it is in a 'related' field, and what company wouldn't pay for a business degree? That's what I thought!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

#1 was fabulous, lots of fun. He was already a friend, and it was one of those non-awkward moment, non-weird dates, totally fun dates.

We went to this great place called Organ Stop Pizza which I highly suggest (not for the food, for the entertainment!) to everyone. Great date place I think. You can see the whole organ, from the Wurlitzer keyboard to all the stops which are interspersed throughout the whole building to the pumps pumping away. I can't believe I lived here for so long and never went to this place. Too bad the food isn't better, they would probably get a lot more business.

We then went to see the ASU symphony perform Verdi's Requiem, and it was fabulous. I was having flashbacks the whole time, because I performed this piece with the orchestra 4 years ago. It was amazing then, and it was amazing to get to actually watch it. It really was weird to not go backstage, whip out my cello and join everyone on stage to be honest, and it's been 3 years since the last time I performed on that stage.

We went back to Organ stop for the last organ performance of the night. All in all, a good date. Here's to hoping tonight will be a good one as well...

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Random observations:

I need to wear gloves when I mow the lawn.
I really don't like mowing the lawn.
Lawn mowers mow down the oranges that have fallen off the trees and make the air smell like oranges.
I appreciate Air Conditioning.
I don't appreciate my electric bill.
I need to get my hair cut/colored REALLY bad
I love it when my roommate is afraid that I am mad at her and she cleans the whole house because of it (she obviously doesn't know me very well, cause you have to really do something worth me being mad at you for)
I like clean houses in general
I need to go to the temple this week
I wish I had a higher paying job
I need to get ready for my date tonight (wow, it's so weird saying that)
I wish better people were running for president of the United States
I wish I had remembered to buy milk when I went to the store a minute ago.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well, here's to good date number two...hopefully.

5 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

YO! That is super nifty about all the templin'. And crazy - Gilbert is like, next door to Mesa. And I cannot BELIEVE you had never been to Organ Stop!! After my masters recital, my whole fam and some friends went there for a wacky time, we requested Hava Negila (dn't know how it's spelled) and my mom and someother random women danced the Hora (again, spelling) around the whole crowded restaurant. Gooood times. Dish on the next date!!

Candice said...

I wish we could walk to the temple! How cool! I do appreciate living a few hours closer to it now though. When are you coming to Bama? You will get to see our new baby!!!

Jane said...

Nice! Totally second pretty much all the reandom observations and how awesome is that about a temple?!
Organ Stop is wild. Been there once, and I will never forget it - maybe it's the image of rocketgirls mom dancing the hora...
Glad he wasn't a loser. :)

Brittany said...

You Must Tell Me how your date Goes!!! I hope its just as much fun as you said your previous one was... I myself am back in YSA now, so I'm slowly, very slowly getting back into the dating scene :P I like to do things backwards ya know ;)

So what are your summer plans?

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Never been to Organ Stop??!!! Shame Shame! So much fun. I'm glad you had fun how did your other date go? Any 2nd dates in the works? You'd better come see us when you go to the temple this week.