Wednesday, July 7, 2010

About TIME!!!

I know...I am finally getting used to Facebook being a part of my life, so I will return to my posting on a regular basis on here.

4th of July weekend was AMAZING. Went to Pinetop and stayed in a cabin with Aunt Nancy, Uncle Kent, Barron, Jessica, Bradley and Lisa...oh, and Little Bear. Had a great time. We even did our nails all patriotic. Well, actually, I didn't do nails because I am the worst at doing nails. Jessica did mine, fireworks on the fingers, flags on the toes. I have NEVER had something quite so ostentatious (ha, spelled it correctly on the FIRST TRY!) on either set of nails...it's fun. The fingernail design had to come off today though...didn't think it would be appropriate to do sealings with fireworks on my fingernails...

Sorry, no pictures...I don't have a working camera at the moment. I keep hoping someone will post pictures on Facebook so I can show you what they looked like. Digital camera is on my Christmas list this year!

The Fireworks show was SOOOOO long...mostly because there were about 8 grand pauses during it, with a minute long pause before the grand finale started...oh, and another pause DURING the finale. We were getting a bit miffed that there wasn't a finale when suddenly it went off. Good finale. 

Baby Jacob was blessed on the 4th by a bunch of tall, goodlooking priesthood holders (I really have a good looking family!), and then we proceeded to have a rather entertaining sacrament meeting. Between LB, the twins and Tiberius (all babies that were crawling around or passed around 3 rows during the meeting) and the testimonies made by the kids in Josh and Kayla's ward, it would've been hard to get sleepy.

Then we ate to our hearts content (taco salad, yum!), did pictures, and I drove back to Albuquerque. Got in town just as all the fireworks were going off. Albuquerque evidently is very lenient on their fireworks laws, because it looked like there was an aerial display ALL OVER THE CITY...if you know Albuquerque, you know that when you are driving in from the West on I-40 you suddenly can see the entire city below you as you come over this hill. Well, imagine that with fireworks going on all over the city. It was an AWESOME site. I got my Mom to put some shoes on and come out with me to watch some of them. Pretty fun.

That's all for now. More later...loves!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

It was really cool this year to have the fireworks spread out over four days. Every night there were sparklers and more illegal pieces going off.

Lillian said...

Wow that sounds really fun!! Personally I'm not a great fan of fireworks (it's the noise that gets me) but I like watching displays from far away (very far away!).
Plz check out my blog:
http://lifeoftigerlillie.blogspot.com

Nilla said...

You aren't kidding about driving into Albuquerque! Last year when my parents and I drove my sister's jeep out, I drove through there at night... It was quite a sight to see it in th rearview mirror after we got through it (since we were driving toward the west...)! And that was without the fireworks! I'm sure the fireworks made it even more awesome!