Friday, July 30, 2010

Tired...

Well, it's been a loooooong time since I could say this: it's not even 10pm, and I am tired.

Crazy? Yes, I know. I think this job is draining me a bit. For those not in the know, I am temping at an architects office until they get a permanent replacement...they offered me the job, but I am determined to find one that has SOMETHING to do with music.

I go for a 30 minute 'brisk' walk at lunch and then grab something to eat...I am walking in the sun (the farmer's tan is starting to show...at least it's not blindingly white!) which might be part of the cause of this tiredness...but I think it's the fact that I have SO much to do...an architects office is not an easy-peasy (that is my new favorite word) job...

It's amazing the difference between the two architects I work for. One tells me in general terms what to do and he expects me to figure it out. I LOVE that. The other one micro-manages a LOT. It's not so much that he is bugging me, but I do prefer the other method by far. If I have a question about something, I have no problem asking it. But seriously? You tell me to do something, and 99.999999% of the time I will get it done right away.

Anyways. I am tired. I am going to attempt sleep at 10:00pm Mountain Time.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hmm, yeah, I could have warned you they only come in three types. At least you don't have to work for the architect who gives you no direction at all and then freaks out when you haven't done it the way he sees it in his head.
It's a weird profession I tell you.