Monday, December 14, 2009

Sleepless in Alabama...

Sleepless night...I usually really hate these nights, but I kept myself entertained for the most part...including sending a slightly nasty note to AOL about why they decided to erase my Contacts list...thankfully, the bug was fixed soon after I sent in my complaint. :) I actually love what AOL has done with their email since they yet again have gone solo. Yay for less annoying advertisements and much easier to use email! Not that it was all that difficult before, but it sure took time for page elements to load. Not so much now.

I am reading 'My Life in France' by Julia Child...I loved the movie so much that I bought the other book that that movie is about, and it was full with so much horribleness that I stopped reading it...I don't do that often, but I did for that one...very disappointing...but 'My Life in France' is absolutely delicious to read. And I mean delicious. I can taste every lovely meal that she eats and cooks and smells. Butter and garlic are wafting in the air as I read this book. Even snails sound like something wonderful to eat, and if you know me well you KNOW I would never eat snails.

It really is quite the breath of fresh air, and is just fascinating to read. I am now planning a future trip to France so I can have the 'Julia Child' experience. Well, not entirely, I won't enroll in Le Cordon Bleu, nor will live there (at least, I don't plan to, but you never know), but I definitely want to go now. I am only 60 pages into the book...nice slow read for me. I really love the relationship that she and her husband have...they just reek of love and admiration and support for each other...and I swear, this isn't about their love life at all, this is just about their experiences in France, but you can just tell how wonderful they were with each other. Love it.

Good morning, all...

3 comments:

Jane said...

That sounds like great book. I'll have to sneak it onto my Christmas list.
P.S. How's the tonsilitis and do you think that is contributing to your sleeplessness?

Elizabeth said...

Well, it supposedly is gone cause I have felt fine for over a week now, but everyone else at work is getting sick with some sort of cough causing bug...one coworker sounded just awful today, and of course was coughing all over everything...

It might be nerves...

The Allen Fam said...

Snails aren't that bad. I have had them like 3 times. If you have enough butter on them they slide down easily and you can't even taste them.