Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Proper 'Merry Christmas'...

I am at home with the parents. Just me this year. This hasn't happened since my sister was born. This is the 'off' year...I guess that is what people call it, so she is with her in-laws in Washington.

Good points: I get to be spoiled rotten.

Bad points: well, it's just me and my parents. I am sure there will be a point when I will really wish that Emily was here. Like tomorrow morning...or right now...yep, missing baby sister...

Starting about the time Emily grasped the concept of Santa Claus, we would sneak out early Christmas morning to see what we got...like 3AM early...we were told we couldn't come out of our rooms until 6AM, but we figured out that the gifts didn't disappear, and so we were just extremely quiet and then did an amazing job acting like we were surprised for our parents. :) We have since admitted to our transgressions...of which we are admittedly unrepentent...

Tonight we drove down to oldtown Albuquerque to see the luminaria displays and get some hot chocolate, see the big tree all decorated, and get our Christmas tamales (seriously, SO good...they have a stand outside with them...). We used to go driving around to see the Christmas lights, go by the temple, and all that, but we kept it simple this year and come straight home.

In the morning, presents, AND as a special treat, Belgian waffles! I guess my parents just got a real Belgian waffle maker, so we are cookin' some up in the morning. Yay!

I hope each of you are having a wonderful time with your families...Merry Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

downtown albuquerque is so neat. we loved it. we like the rattlesnake museum. and i love christmas tamales, too! sounds great. merry christmas!

Marla said...

Hope you had a great Christmas! I was home with my mom. Scott and Melissa came over for breakfast and dinner, but otherwise it was just us....too bad we don't live closer!!!! we need to catch up!

Jane said...

That sounds fun. I can only imagine what it would be like to have my parents all to myself. Hasn't been that way in longer than I am going to write on the internet. :)