Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Young Women President...

I walk into Relief Society here in Rio Rancho, and turns out my Young Women President from way back when is now the Relief Society President. She was conducting the meeting today, and after introducing all the visitors she mentioned how two of the girls were 'her young women'. We loved it.

She will forever and always be my Young Women President...I can't imagine a better president than she was for us. I went through Beehive through Laurel with her, and when it came for the Bishop to present my Young Womanhood Recognition Award, she had just been released, so the new Young Women President was up there presenting it to me. I was rather disappointed that 'my' Young Women President wasn't also invited up there. I of course understood that she was released, but she was the one that worked with me and helped almost the entire way through that Personal Progress book. I was the Laurel President for a year, and we just had a wonderful time and were very close...she made each of us promise that she would get an invitation for when we were going through the temple, going on missions, getting married, etc...and she still keeps in touch with all of us.

When I have had the opportunity through my current calling, I have told new Young Women presidents about how important my Young Women leaders were to me and what a huge influence they were and still are on me...it really is an important calling, I think. And a fun one.

I mentioned that I might be living in NM for a bit, and she kinda perked up and said 'well then, it will be just like old times'. Loved it!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am so impressed with people willing to work with the youth. I don't think I could do it.