Monday, December 21, 2009

Avatar...


Wow...I don't think any movie will ever live up to it...I cannot find the right word!!!

Seriously, dig around underneath your couch cushions, beneath the seats in your car for the extra $2.75 it costs for the 3D version.

Mind-blowing...

Just beautiful. The amazing attention to detail, the incredible computer graphics, the story, the character development...I mean, there is a point where the main character is underwater. You feel like you are underwater with him, swirling around. I really felt like I was underwater. I don't know how they did that. The skin looks like skin. Rocks like rocks, plants like plants. VERY realistic...usually that's what bothers me about these kind of movies. I mean, if it doesn't look real, do the Mary Poppins thing where it's obvious that it's animated.

This is no Mary Poppins. It is just wonderfully amazing. Marvelous, stupendous, fantastic, brilliant.

Yes, I liked it.

A movie 14 years in the making, and with $500 million invested in it. Absolutely incredible. This will take every single emmy and any other award there is available. It will take Titanic down. Simply amazing.

Go see it.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Anything that will dull the rapture and superlatives that go on over Titantic is worth the money in my book! We're going to see it next week.

Rocketgirl said...

I see the posters for it and I think "reallY?" It sounds so cheesy, but I'll take your word for it and stop judging without reason :) It seriously took 10 years?? Who has that kind of attention span??