Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In the kitchen...

I witnessed the following conversation...it was HILARIOUS...names have been changed because I feel like it...this is a 'documenting so I remember it' post...

Lily: Hey James, come into the kitchen.
James (watching very important football game in living room): Why?
Lily: I miss you.
Me: (giggling as silently as I can)
James (with the most precious look on his face comes into the kitchen): (after a moment of silence) What would you like to talk about?
Lily: Let's talk about your day.
James: I worked.
****after a slight pause, there is a very short discussion about where he works between him and I and an even shorter and slightly awkward conversation about one of his coworkers****

At this point, there is about a minute of silence...in which I am smiling my head off and trying to concentrate on eating my dinner and not laugh hysterically while at the same time trying to avoid eye contact with either one of them...but I don't get a quick look at Lily, and she went between looking at James and then looking at me with a slightly awkward smile on her face.

(after a slightly longer moment of silence after catching Lily's eye) James: That was great. (and he turns around and walks back into living room to continue watching very important football game)
Me: (laughing hysterically)
Lily: (quietly) ah, wait... (resigned and slightly...well, I don't think embarrassed works, but also very precious look on)

And this...is a moment in time with Elizabeth...

2 comments:

Thanaglim said...

i don't get it guess i had to be there?

Elizabeth said...

perhaps...it was really funny at the moment...