Friday, October 2, 2009

Oktsoberfest

Nope, I didn't spell it incorrectly. That is what we had tonight...Okt-sober-fest...complete with homemade root beer, homemade ice cream, non-homemade pies, pumkin muffins from Sam's Club which were amazingly good, and BRATS (pronounced brawts, not brats like a snoody kid) complete with sauerkraut, brown mustard, etc...

Big hit, I think people had a good time, more than half of the brats were eaten...we watched A Knight's Tale after no one wanted to dance the Chicken Dance...and I forgot all the beer songs I learned when I was in German class in high school (yes, we learned them in public school...it was okay because it is a major part of German culture, and we had to volunteer at the Oktoberfest in town which included singing...).

I love throwing parties in October. It's the best month to throw parties, in my mind...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Do you want to come and throw my birthday party for me? :-)
I love parties with root beer.
Tarzan could tell you a few good drinking songs. He served his mission in Germany AND he was in a college marching band. There's a lot of material there.