Sunday, October 25, 2009

Breaking the News...

I am moving back home sometime in the next couple of months...probably around Christmas time, but things may change. I don't have a set date yet.

Q & A

Q: Why?

A: For a lot of reasons, including I need to be closer to family, there is no good reason for me to stay (however much I do love Alabama), and a bunch of others...

Q: Where?

A: First New Mexico, but that is expected to be a very short stay. As much as I love my parents and sister, I do not have fond memories from any time I have lived there...yes that can change, but...last time I thought it would be different, it certainly was and in a very bad way.

After New Mexico, I hope to go to AZ, BUT I need a good job. I will only take one in the West unless some incredible, cannot pass up this opportunity comes along.

Q: When?

A: Date not set in stone, but probably sometime around the holidays...that can change however. I have my Dad's schedule, my own schedule, and my current job to think about. I don't want to leave the people I work for high and dry...I actually like the people I work with, and last time I left in such a hurry...I was just beyond happy when Jason hired me back. I try not to burn bridges...

Q: How?

A: Well, I will probably take a good bit of stuff back out there over Thanksgiving...and then will pack up my car...anything leftover I will give away, throw away, or mail home. I will be driving my car back, and probably have someone else with me...probably my Dad.

Q: What?

A: Um...not sure what to put here...I am moving...there!

I broke the news at a stake meeting recently, and the stake president asked me if I was happy about this move. My answer was yes and no.

I really do like living here...it's refreshing to be around so many God-fearing people. It is quite common to see people outside reading their Bible, or at work, on the plane, etc. As stressful as this calling has been, I love it, and I love working with the president and counselors in the stake YW and the other auxiliaries, along with all the ward leaders and of course the girls. I love my coworkers...I feel really lucky to have had a job here where I have such good coworkers.

BUT I am so far away from my family, and the last thing I want is for my sister to start having kids and me be far away...and being so far away from cousins, aunts, uncles, and most especially my parents.

I told those in my presidency that the only thing that would keep me here is if I found someone to marry and live with here...being single and in Alabama sucks. It really does for me at least. Would I move back here? Of course! But the dating pool...ha!

Oh!

Q: Have I finished my degree?

A: No, but I have hopes to finish it.

There...that is done.

5 comments:

Jane said...

I was gonna ask about the degree but you saved me from it at the end. I hope it's all just homesickness and there aren't underlying things you can't tell the Internets.

Ashley said...

We will miss you, but I completely understand you wanting to be close to family. Keep us updated.

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Wow, I'm jealous! I wish we could move back to be around family too. But Josh absolutly HAS to finish his degree first. Good luck on finishing yours - I know you will!!

Katy said...

good luck getting everything together for the move. i miss albuquerque sometimes, even though we didn't live very close. we went there about once a month so it was always really special to be there. and the temple is gorgeous. you'll have fun while you're there and you never know, you might just end up like us: 2 minutes down the road from you mom when you've sworn your whole life you'd never do that AND it's a good thing!

EmilyLemily said...

I am glad that you are moving back over here. I hope that everything goes smoothly. Sorry that we won't see you while you are here for Thanksgiving...but I am excited to see my nieces!