Thursday, August 20, 2009

This was not supposed to happen...

New car. New cars don't break down.

No, they don't!

They are brand new...they have to be at least three years old before they break down.

No, I know about these things. The first thing that breaks down in a new car (understanding that you do your regular oil changes and such) is the battery, which should last you at least three years. My battery is 1 1/2 years old...

Guess what?

Went downstairs at lunch yesterday...and my car wouldn't turn over.

That hasn't happened in 1 1/2 years to me...unless I wasn't in my car...so of course I thought I was hallucinating or traveling back in time or something...I mean, it's a new car...new cars don't not turn over...this isn't right...

...after pinching myself a few times, turning the key a bunch more times, and such, reality set it...my car isn't turning over...

...got it jumped after work, drove it home...(oh, to make matters better, I am running on fumes...I forgot to fill my car up last night)...turned it off and tried to turn it back on for kicks...

...yeah...

...the battery is dead as a doornail...won't keep a charge worth anything...fabulous, right??? At least it's not the alternator...

Well...one and a half years was a pretty good run!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You poor thing! I have horrible car karma too.

Jane said...

I don't know if this is the problem, but we had a battery like that and once we got it jumped we had to drive it around for at least 45 minutes before it would hold a charge. It was weird. We had to get it replaced eventually but in the meantime it at least got us around.
And isn't it under warrenty still?

Janel said...

Well the good thing about a battery dying too soon is that it is usually under warranty :D Our last one only lasted about 10 months, which in AZ really isn't that uncommon.

EmilyLemily said...

I still find it funny that your car and Ison's truck had dead batteries on the same day...only our truck is an 01 and we have 2 batteries running the truck and it was the alternator that we had to replace. Oh well...at least that's all it was.