Sunday, August 23, 2009

It Has Happened...

I've waited for this day for a while...

You know when you have a Gospel question? And you sometimes have to wait to find the answer? And when you get the answer, it's just an amazingly lovely experience?

Usually these come in the form of a Sunday Talk, a Conference Talk, some random comment made by someone that doesn't even have to be a member of the Church, a book I am reading, etc...

Sometimes they come from the Scriptures. But there is one book that I have never really gotten this kind of experience from in the scriptures.

This time I did. The Book was Isaiah...:)

Yes, I am doing the happy dance...and I wasn't even looking up the topic, I was on a different route...

Usually I refer to it as 'the dreaded but evidently really important Book of Isaiah'.

I like to think of myself as something of a scriptorian...ha, the word is actually 'scripturist'...yes I bothered looking up the correct word...

Scripturist: one who is strongly attached to, or versed in, the Scriptures, or who endeavors to regulate his life by them

Anyways, Isaiah definitely caused a bit of a challenge that improved little with time, experience, knowledge, etc...

I should do a re-read-through of Isaiah for kicks and see how I do...:)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations on understanding Isaiah! (The man really needs an interpreter or something.) Was the answer what you wanted it to be?