Sunday, August 30, 2009

So I had some chewing gum...

We had a YSA (young single adult) dinner and fireside tonight with the entire stake presidency and their wifes. We had an AMAZING turnout, considering it was just our stake...

Dinner: lasagna, salad, rolls and cheesecake.

Finish dinner, and Cody starts passing out his stash of mint flavored gum...

Get into the chapel, and the pianist signals to me that I am going to lead the music. I seriously need to have an attitude change, because I really didn't want to and haven't wanted to lead the music at church for a while...but especially tonight...

I am sitting up there, it's about to start and I realize: I still have the minty rubbery substance in my mouth...

Do I run to a trash can? No, the opening hymn will need to start in about 2 seconds...purse is down in the pew, so that option is out...I don't have a special place in my mouth that I can stash it and be sure that it will stay there for the entire hymn...

Yeah...I swallowed it.

2 comments:

Jane said...

You are awesome. I totally would have stuck it on the side of the book or the music stand should I have been so lucky to have one.

sister H said...

Oh Elizabeth. Don't you worry the gum might get stuck somewhere and mess up your beautiful voice!!!BTW you looked very prepared and did a wonderful job!!