Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Getting Personal...

Tonight we (VT partner and I) took our VT-ee out to dinner and to give her a lesson. It was the first time my partner had done a lesson from the Conference issue of the Ensign, and I thought she did an excellent job. I think the lesson was perfect for our teach-ee, but I think that the lesson was also for me. It got me thinking about a few things.

I had the opportunity last week to go to the temple...while there, I paid attention to certain parts of the ceremony more than I had before. When I came home that night I put a lot more effort into emulating what I learned from the session...and you know, I had a much better experience coming out of that simple prayer than any recent personal prayer of mine that I can recollect. There really is a significance to the pattern we are taught as children to the order our prayers. We make sure to thank our Father in Heaven for whatever it is we are grateful for before we ask for anything from Him. I have fallen into the trap of "ask, ask, ask, ask...etc. etc." without any acknowledgment for what I am privileged to have.

There are other things that it got me thinking about, but I won't bore you with them. Anyways, if you read this, good job visiting teaching partner!! :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Ah the wisdom of letting us go many times. I guess "the Lord DOES know what he's doing after all." Glad it was a good time.