Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Alright, here is your semi-interesting POST

Clint, the title is for you...

FYI, when you make an entry on a blog, you have entered a 'post', not a 'blog'. I think I am as much at fault at saying "I just entered a blog" instead of "I just entered a post on my blog" or "I just entered a blog post".

Good point Clint.

///////////////////////////////////////

I am tired. It is late. So maybe this won't be all that much more interesting than yesterdays post.

I did finally get the cord, and it is working like a charm (YAYAYAYAYAY) so hooray for that. I missed having a working laptop very very much...

I am leaving tomorrow night for Nashville, Tennessee to go to the SMT/AMS conference (society for music theory/american musicological society). Yes, it's in Nashville this year. Why, I don't know, probably because Vanderbilt is there...I am driving up with a fellow music theory student, this will be his first conference, this will be my third SMT conference and fourth music theory conference...woot! I am dropping him off where he is staying and then we are on our own for the rest of the conference. Lucky me, I will be staying with a member of the Church, they are opening up their home to me, and it really is so nice of them to do this for me. THANK YOU MARLA!!!

We are driving back Saturday night. What time we are leaving Saturday night, I don't know yet, we shall see...it kinda depends on whether something worth staying for happens Saturday night or not...so. But we will be back in town for Church Sunday.

///////////////////////////////////

Tonight we had our first Stake YW presidency meeting it went very very well. Drove up to Bessemer (I have driven up there THREE times in the past week...I am SOOOO glad gas prices have gone down!!) to the stake center, and it only lasted 1 1/2 hours, pretty dang good for a first meeting, and the rest of our meetings should be shorter...emPHAsis on should...

It's amazing how busy I have been this week. I mean, seriously amazing...this conference is going to feel like a vacation, I am SURE of that. Work, school, Church, life...busy busy busy

3 comments:

Clint said...

(sigh) I've created a monster...

:-)

Alice said...

Hay I fix my pic so you can see it now.I hope you have a good trip.

Jane said...

Preaching to the converted my dear; I hear you. We have more meetings than any other organization on the planet, I swear.
Enjoy the conference!