Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Laughable"

Tonight I hung out with an 8 year old. He is the son of my stake YW president. She and evidently the rest of the family were going to be at the temple ALL evening, and the 8 year olds options were a) hang out in the temple lobby for TWO hours...(for some reason, he didn't want to do that) b) hang out with a sister at the church for TWO hours with not much to do there (wasn't crazy about that one) or c) hang out with Elizabeth for THREE hours. Guess who won?

We had fun. I played the Wii that they have downstairs for the first time since I arrived...we watched Night at the Museum...we ate popcorn, chicken nuggets, and drank milk to wash it all down. And then we had a massive pillow/tickle fight...

That kid has a LOT of energy. And that is saying a lot...

I am SO tired.

When people started trickling back from the temple and the church, they asked how he enjoyed his evening.

His response: "Elizabeth is laughable."

Still trying to figure out if that is a compliment or not.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I would take it as a compliment. Kids are precocious but they usually mean well. Especially if he shared the chicken nuggets.