Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter...

On a lighter note, went to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter...thankfully it was worth it. I was surprised, actually. I hate to admit this, but knowing that it was rate PG, I was really expecting something not quite so good...

It was worth me coming into work with very little sleep this morning...

It was worth me not getting any packing or laundry done last night to see it...

The following doesn't really have a SPOILER, but you might want to wait to read the following until after you watch the movie...

The opening scene with Harry was endearing...Ron was HILARIOUS...I was disappointed that Hermoine didn't get to show her smarts at all in the movie except for the very beginning with Slughorn...I already loved the actor who played Slughorn (Jim Broadbent), and I still love him after watching this...Luna was great, but her costumes were even better...I wanted more Neville...hormones are raging madly but it was done rather tastefully (thank you very much!)...Malfoy grew up...and the last few scenes were done quite well, considering what happens...I still am quite happy with who they casted for these movies...if you hadn't read the books, you won't understand what Malfoy is doing until the very end basically unless you are very intuitive, which is good and bad...

2 comments:

Jane said...

I have seen reviews that agree with you - this is the best of the six. And thanks to you I have some intelligent comments to make should anyone ask!

Lindsay said...

Luna is THE BEST! (but I spose I see the resemblance between myself and hermione) :P