Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gratitude...

Do you know how significant it is that this country exists? I mean, really??? That the founding fathers created a democracy after they wrote, signed, and sent off copies of the Declaration of Independence? And that we have a say in how we are governed through voting, writing our representatives, lobbying, etc.??? I mean, read the Constitution!! Seriously amazing piece of work...AND they provided for a way for it to be changed if it needed to be (and it has been changed a few times)...

AND that we actually WON the Revolutionary War? I mean, study it. Any historian will tell you, it was a miracle that we won that thing...

Just being reminded of things I learned a long time ago that I don't think about often enough...

1 comment:

Jane said...

It is fairly amazing, but when you consider who was on our side...
And then who the nation has rejected for the last 200 years people wonder why we're in a mess.