Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Talk

Spent at least an hour on the phone with one of my best friends this evening.

That automatically made it a good day.

She has had quite the month (or so)...gave birth after years of frustration and disappointment to her first baby, 3 days later her husband reported to deploy to Iraq, and in the last week experienced her first earthquake (9 miles from the epicenter) and a hurricane for icing on the cake.

And yet she still pushes through.

Her little man is getting chunky and is responding to her playing. She's looking to the future. She's concerned about her friends. And with all that's on her plate, she still thought to ask about how I am.

Grateful she grabbed me that day in college on the stairs of Gammage and asked me to be her friend. She was the answer to years of prayers on my part and to her own prayers at that time. I am very blessed she is in my life. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he insisted I go to ASU. :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Funny how he always does.