Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Love Institute

I hope I never grow too old for Institute. But I also don't want to be a creepy old person who shows up to Institute and, well, you know, is creepy around the younger people. So I hope they expand the Institute program as I grow older. And I avoid being creepy.

Every Tuesday night I usually go to Institute. But the moment I first get home from work, the thoughts start pouncing on me...'oh, it's so nice to be home...I don't want to leave until morning.' 'You won't miss much by missing a class, just go next week.' 'There is SO much stuff to do that you haven't done and you have no excuse not to do it. Tuesday night is the night to do it.' 'Seriously Elizabeth, you are 29, you are NOT going to meet Prince Charming tonight.' (that one is my FAVORITE)

 VS...

'But it's Institute!'

Yes, that is my battle cry against all the other ones. I just love it. Part of the reason my 4 years at Arizona State were the best of my life was because of that glorious building on campus and the classes I took and the people I met.

The summer class I currently am attending has been team taught; one of the teachers I had during the fall semester last year. Love him, and have come to love the new teacher. Glad I made the decision to attend this summer.

It's amazing when the lesson is just for me. Tonight it was. Made me realize a new perspective on a few things. I am making a turn on a few Gospel related things. It's a great thing.


Just wanted to voice my love for it. Go if you can!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

They do have Institute (of sorts) for the senior young crowd - its called Sunday School.

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, but Sunday School just isn't the same...