Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Lovely Long Weekend

I flew to New Mexico Wednesday morning, landed in the early afternoon, and enjoyed my family, friends and the warm Spring weather that was found down there.

My Dad turned 60 Wednesday so we took him to the Elephant Bar, a restaurant he liked in the 90's when we lived in Southern California. It was supposed to be a surprise, but he guessed it once he knew what part of town we were heading to. We went to my sister's home afterwards for cake and ice cream and gifts.

I spent the next few days readying the house for my sister's baby shower I was throwing for her. This was no easy task, since the kitchen was still being renovated. There was dust, tools, and all sorts of things everywhere. We were able to limit the mess that ultimately comes with such a project to the kitchen itself, and the shower went quite well Saturday morning.

Friday night I was able to spend time with some good friends I made in Albuquerque last summer. It reminded me of how good a summer it was! I loved it. We had a good time visiting. I will have to plan for more time to spend with them next time I head down there, although that may be difficult as it will be likely I will have a brand new nephew at that point. :-)

Saturday after the shower I spent time with Mom and Dad before they headed to the temple and then went with Emily to her house where I spent the night. We had some amazing leftover potatoe soup (Emily I still want that recipe!) and watched RED which neither my sister or brother in law had seen. Some great moments in that movie.

I slept on an air matress that night. It had a leak, which I found out when my hip was laying nicely on the ground...it took 30 minutes to convince myself to get up and refill the matress.

Sunday I went to Church with the Tenney's and saw an old couple who had been in my ward in high school. It was nice to see them. My parents came over for dinner after Church and then sent me on my way back to Utah.

After having worn flip flops for a good portion of the weekend, I was welcomed back to Utah by cold rain that night and snow yesterday.

At least I had some very good looking guys on both legs of my flight back. Yay for college baseball players...;-)

No comments: