Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wandering...

Considering I worked this morning, it is very strange how wasted this day feels.

I have left the house three times today intending to do something fun or super useful. My original plans for the evening were bamboozled by the rainstorm we got today, which I will NOT complain about. Better rain than snow.

I went to both the regular and the dollar theaters, but there isn't a movie out that I am dying to see...at least enough that I would see it by myself.

So out of those three trips, the only products were me spending the rest of my gift card at Deseret Book on a heavy duty doctrine book by Joseph Fielding Smith cause I'm a nerd like that and getting In-N-Out for dinner.

This last trip I intended to go to Barnes and Noble, but they were closing in ten minutes...I need more than that to get any satisfaction from going there, so I drove on by...and kept on driving...until I landed at the Mt. Timpanogas temple. And here I am blogging. They just turned out all the lights. But the steeple is still lit.

I feel really lucky that this is my assigned temple. I have always thought it to be one of my favorite temples. It's so beautiful.

Going to the temple grounds has been a favorite past time of mine as a single girl. I come to think, to cry, to pray, to just be...It really is a good place to be. I really wish I had come here on one of those earlier trips to do a session. I am certain I wouldn't feel quite so unfulfilled right now.

And that is my post. There, I am not a total waste for the day. :-)

1 comment:

April Lauren said...

I love being on the Temple grounds!