Friday, April 1, 2011

A Coffee Break

K, so I don't drink coffee, but I do frequent Starbuck's now and then for one of their non-espresso drink selections. Tonight it was hot dark chocolate. It was wonderful. Great for a sore throat. Hopefully I didn't infect all the other cafe guests tonight.

I have yet to get internet at my house, so I either park in front of a neighbors house and use her wifi or I use Barnes and Noble. I do all the internet things that I need to do, such as download new free stuff from itunes, blogstalk, make payments, update my Disney Movie Rewards, etc. All obviously very important.

It was kind of fun to people watch tonight.

There were two groups of women there who I assume meet there every Thursday. One seemed to be a creative writing group...too old to be a college study group. Kind of fun to eavesdrop. Would love to join that group. The other group was a knitting/sewing/gossip summit. They were going. to. town. I am glad I don't know any of them. I would hate to be a subject for them.

There was one creeper. He was with a girl, but I got one leering look from him as they was leaving. Wanted to throw up. That poor poor girl. Sitting next to me were two girlfriends, probably college students, talking boys, classes, etc. There was a married couple next to them that didn't draw much notice from me except I did notice they both had a laptop. They left and were replaced by what I think was a big brother program or some sort of mentoring meeting...college age aged guy, maybe a little older, and a teenager, talking about future plans for the teenager. Mission, college, job, money, family troubles and how they will play out. Warmed my heart a bit.

A double date of older couples, two tables with a single person, headphones in, laptop concerning their entire existance.

For being 8:30pm, it was pretty busy.

As for me, I did my internetting for most of the 1 1/2 hours I spent there, and 5 minutes before closing time I bought my new semi-annual journal. I get a new one every conference. The goal is to fill it before the next conference. I failed miserably this last time. It will be different for the next 6 months.


4 comments:

Jane said...

Only in your part of the world would two dudes - any age - be sitting in a Starbucks discussing missions and college.

Nilla said...

(I love to people watch too ;)... And blog-stalk :)).

Elizabeth said...

Jane...so true. That didn't even occur to me until you just said it!

Hila...me too! On both accounts!

Marla said...

I like the picture!!! It has a cool perspective....YOUR perspective! :)