Friday, April 9, 2010

Pollen pollen pollen

I forget how crazy spring is here in the South. Seriously, one day, the trees all look like they are dead, the next you can't see the house next door...all due to these little bitty green leaves poking out...

The dogwoods are just gorgeous here...the flowers on the trees look exactly like I always imagined 'popcorn...on an apricot tree' would look like...the tulips and daffodils and clover and kudzu are everywhere, flowering beautifully...

Flowers unfortunately also bring the dreaded yellow stuff...as I was driving up 280, I came upon a unique stretch where you can actually see for about a mile ahead of you (very unique in the South due to the massive trees everywhere) and realized everything looked like a picture that was yellowized...my car, which is a very pretty red normally, for a few days looked like it was a very light orange...there is pollen EVERYWHERE...

I have been equally amazed by the fact that I haven't had any allergies in a few months...usually I am the first one feeling it's effects...I guess the South finally grew on me literally...now that I am leaving...ha! I decided to start taking my Zyrtec today anyways, because it's going to hit sooner or later and I would rather have an edge on it.

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Gesundheit! Many times in advance.

Lindsay said...

Doesn't have much to do with the post, but I love your sunflower layout!! :)

Nilla said...

Yep, I remember that pollen! It was really bad about 3 years ago when it didn't rain for months and the pollen got baked onto the cars. Ick.