Friday, April 16, 2010

My First *Real* Entry

Hello. Let me introduce myself...I know most who will be checking this out already know me, but perhaps the following will shed some light on a few things that you don't know about me.

My name obviously is Elizabeth. I am named after my lovely Grandma Raisor who passed away when I was 17. I love my name, and always have. Both she and I do not care for the name 'Liz' or 'Lizzy'...sounds too close to 'lizard' for me at least. She went by Beth, and so I have kept that as her name and have never been called that.

Most call me Elizabeth, but a select few call me Lizbeth, Lizabeth, Iddlebet (NOT idle-bet), Eliza, Zissbess, and Babydoll (the last belongs ONLY to my Mom, so please don't call me that unless you the reader are my Mom, in which case I love it...I really do, too). Two of you who happen to be my best friends are still calling me Liz, and one day that habit will be broken. :)

I am six feet tall, white as can be, surprisingly still blond considering both my parents went brunnette when they reached adulthood, and on the overweight side of things...which I am not happy about, and never have been happy about. I have decided to start running. I never have been a runner, so I will be working myself up to this. But I want to run in a marathon, and actually be able to run the entire time. Hopefully by doing so, the overweight thing will go AWAY!

Tomorrow I will be 28 years old. Today I am 27. I feel like I am turning 30. Nope, not too happy about that either. Not really that I am getting older, but that I don't have anyone or much of anything to show for it besides my bachelors degree and buying my first car. This year is my 10th anniversary from graduating high school. I simply cannot believe it's been 10 years. I am quite determined that the next 10 years will have far more to show that just a degree.

I love long walks on the beach, movies, Indian food, chocolate, fresh mowed California grass, baseball, music, shopping, In-N-Out, Michael Buble, friends, family, KIDS, babies, being in love and all that mushy stuff that goes with it, the Gospel, playing Charlie (my cello), cooking, make-up, finding cute shoes that FIT, listening, talking, laughing, singing really loud to a good song when I am by myself in my car, driving, Halloween, diamonds (though I don't own any), New York City, doodling, reading...and a few other things...and definitely not in this order.

My favorites:

Color: White, close second is green...used to be black, but I changed my mind...
Sport: Baseball
Music: ha, not going there. I love it all practically.
TV Show: NCIS...the people I am living with have sucked me into it
Broadway Show: Wicked
Movie: The Slipper and the Rose...it gets me all romantical...I LOVE IT...
Book: Book of Mormon, obviously, the Blue Sword by Robin McKinley, but I have to say (and PLEASE don't judge me for this, I am entertained QUITE easily) I really like Eclipse...I am JUST saying! I need to re-read the Blue Sword though...it's been a while...I will probably revert to it, and this is just a passing fad...for non-fiction, currently it's 'My Life in France' by Julia Child. Loved it.

Why the beach theme? I love the beach. It's like a magnet for me...I nearly constantly feel a pull to go there. If I lived near a beach, I would go to it everyday. The feeling of sand underneath my feet, jumping into waves, being in the sun...love it.

There are other places that I love more, such as the temple, sitting anywhere next to my Mom, Disneyland...but having 'Disneyland' as a theme seems a bit childish, and I don't think my Mom would like a big picture of her and me at the top of this blog. :) And I can go to the temple any day, and since there are temples everywhere I pretty much will always be able to go to the temple. But the beach is a bit more elusive, and since it is on my mind right now it is my theme for this blog.

It (the beach) is kind of a goal for me, actually.

In ten years, I want to be in a position where if I want to go to the beach, I can just pick up and go. If my sister needs me to come take care of my future nieces and nephews, or really any of my cousins or good friends kids, I can just pick up and go. If my parents need me, I can go be there. If I feel like going to Disneyland, I can just (grab a few kids to come along with me...hopefully some of my own if the fates will go my way...and) go!

Now to get going.

1 comment:

April Lauren said...

Aww, I love your little about me post!