Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Times

Despite the fact that 28 in my mind is a great deal older than 27, it was a great birthday. I was home not too long ago, so I was able to celebrate a bit with the family. Then Saturday morning, I met with a few friends and went to an arts festival up in Cullman, AL...and had my first cake of the day...a FUNNEL cake...yum!

Then we went to the Norris clan's home and nearly burned their house down making homemade potato chips...there was fire and smoke and everything...definitely made it a birthday to remember...the first batch, despite the impending doom we felt sure was coming upon us, turned out really well. Note to all you DIY peoples...when frying potato chips, use a pan with very tall walls so that the oil doesn't boil over when you put the elements you are frying INTO the pan.

Then there was the youth dance. The leaders from Tuscaloosa and I went out to dinner to this GREAT Hawaiian Burger place in town that I can't remember the name of...so yummy...then we went back to the dance, and a few friends and I shared a small thing of chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks in it (they know me well!). The youth stopped the dance to sing happy birthday, which was wonderfully embarrassing. Then after the dance, I went home, got in my PJ's...and 4 of the youth from the ward here came in singing happy birthday with an ice cream cake in hand. :) Thankfully, instead of 28 candles which would've looked like an inferno, they had two candles with the numbers 2 and 8...didn't need to try and burn down another house on my birthday. :)

Sunday I went to Northport Ward Sacrament meeting and then took off for Jackson, MS where my Aunt Pat was hanging out with some of her cousins on the other side of the family...it was lovely hanging out with her and her cousins, they were so nice to let me come and stay with them!!! She reminds me so much of Aunt Linda (Aunt Pat is actually my Mom's cousin, but I call her Aunt anyways...kind of like how I am to all my cousins kids...)...they look and sound and in some ways act like each other. I love it. We had a great time.

So far a great start. Hopefully this year leading up to 29 brings even better things.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations! That's an awesome birthday. I liked 28 pretty well if it helps any.