Tuesday, March 4, 2008

WHY??!?!?!

This blog entry will be only about one thing. I know, miracle. Yes, only one thing:

So the 'angel guy' as we shall here-to-for call him...

We are sitting there, right next to each other, having a good conversation...

and the really wonderful, sweet girl (and I am not being sarcastic, she really is sweet and wonderful) who is in charge of the angels comes sits down right between us and starts talking about a girlfriend of hers who lives in Utah, is 6'2" and is 7 years his senior...and wants to set him up with her. So she asks him, are you dating anyone (no), are you interested in anyone (well...I am interested in a number of girls :) ), are you pursuing anyone right now (well, yeah but it isn't working). Yeah, I am dying as this conversation is going on. He isn't opposed to the idea, goes up to Utah like once a month anyways...

So, I know some of you are going to say fight for him! K, enter the world of Elizabeth:

Number One: He isn't mine, so there really isn't anything to fight for at the moment.
Number Two: Not so feasible to invite him over to do stuff being that he lives on the other side of the planet (or rather, the Phoenix valley) ... yes Mindy, I will TRY, but...(see number three)
Number Three: I AM A WIMP!!! when it comes to guys when I like them. I have to be "safe". I don't tread the 'dangerous ground' EVER! I will flirt a little bit, and when I have been bold at all I end up looking like a freaking idiot and they never talk to me again because they think I am in love with them, which I am NOT (I am only in interest for them).
Number Four: I can't just go up to the girl and say "Hey, let me have a shot at him please" in any way shape or form with out feeling like I am being rude! Yes, I can say it nicely, but, I mean, she married her childhood sweetheart so she has NO idea what I am/have going/gone through as far as dating is concerned, so she wouldn't understand. And, I just can't. Pep talk all you want, I can't.

So, we shall just have to see what happens.

Man, he has amazing eyes. He doesn't turn his eyes away either, he holds your stare. There was this one moment...man.

:( Dang it.

10 comments:

Clint said...

Haha! Elizabeth, you are such a girl! I love it. :-)

Clint said...

That "girl" comment was directed at the last line, btw.

Thanaglim said...

keep talking to him, keep being his friend, flirt like the dickens and if he still doesn't ask you out...kick him to the curb. Don't force it or start thinking there's something there when there isn't. I did that and I had a lot of broken hearts because I thought I had done something wrong when in fact they were the butt-heads and just not interested because if they were I would've gotten married a lot sooner than I did. Be patient. When I wasn't looking and trying so hard I found the one that loves me for me with all my weirdness and stuff.

Belle n' Kent said...

i LOVED reading your last entry here! i can totally relate to all those feelings! WOW! yeah...good luck with all that. teeheehee (you know i love you.)

BTW, who is Clint Martin?!!! i went to his blog because i thought his screen name was oh-so-clever and i almost couldn't stop reading. what a hilarious guy! makes me want to set him up with Tamzon...if he didn't live in another city.

Ashley said...

Haha. Nice work coining the phrase "I am only in interest for them." Very nice. Good luck!

Janel said...

Did you think that its possible that you are the interest he's pursuing that isn't "working" and you're just not noticing?? Mabye he's dissapointed that you didn't step into the conversation with a little remark like "actually *sweet wonderful girl* I think he was just about to ask me out anyway so don't worry about setting him up"...? Mabye?? OK that kind of statement is very bold and something we wimpy girls only think of saying in our imagination after the fact. :D

I think you're best shot may be at the pageant after party when the dating ban has been officially lifted. Then make your move.

Marla said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Good luck. I can totally empathize, but I have no words of wisdom...which is probably why I'm still single!

The Allen Fam said...

So all you need to do is just flirt a little more and keep talking to him and drop hints that you are not seeing anyone and so fourth. Also since you are from the area around Mesa invite him to get a bite to eat with you at an amazing restraurant named, Oh let me just name, Rosa's. Once he has that place he will want to go there all the time. Just don't eat the hobenero salsa infront of him, watering eyes is not a good idea when you are trying to look into his beautiful eyes. Also get his number just to talk to him. Nothing wrong with that. Stay positive and next time some girl just plops down between you and another guy smack her in the face as she knew exactly what she was doing, trying to get between you two getting to know eachother. Love you.

The Allen Fam said...

I would if I could post pix. I was using the laptop because it had a card reader attached. We don't have one for my puter and since matt took the laptop it will be a while before I get any pix up. Sorry!

Jane said...

Consider that he isn't moving to Utah - and that she's 7 YEARS his senior. That's a lot in my experience. Maybe/hopefully he's just being nice to her? And I may have to side with janel here - he might be hinting at you with the "not working" comment. Invite him and some none lethal friends over for dinner? Popcorn and a movie?