Monday, March 17, 2008

A consideration

I am thinking about moving back out to Alabama to get this blasted thesis finished. I don't have anything really keeping me here. I would just need a full time job out there to pay for rent, car payments and really just to live. I already talked with my former employer about coming back out there, and he said that if they didn't have anything that he knew lots of office managers out there and he would give me a good reference. I think it would be REALLY easy for me to get a full time job out there. And I have a couple of leads on places to stay.

I wouldn't be there more than a year, and probably not even that. That way, it gets done, and I can finally move onto my PhD program. What would be really great is if I could get a pretty decent paying job out there and cheap enough rent where I can have enough money in storage to take care of car payments for quite a while. I already made a commitment that the PhD wouldn't happen unless I got an amazing scholarship that basically took care of the schooling/housing/books/food...you know, basic living expenses.

Anyways, food for thought.

(((The nice thing is that I will have my brand new car to drive around in (Atlanta people, that means road trips!!). )))

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pageant this last week went well. Friday night was my favorite night so far. It was the first of two Spanish/ASL nights. The people lingered after the show (the other nights people couldn't leave fast enough...), I couldn't speak one word to most of the adults, but the kids!!! I got tons of hugs and pictures with the CUTEST little boys and girls. It was SO much fun! Lots of missionary work happened. The other nights, the Christus presentation in the visitor's center didn't happen. Friday night, people were barely able to find enough space behind the curtains to go through the presentation. AMAZING!!! I LOVED it.

I gave a devotional to the Angels Saturday night (we each take turns). I had signed up more than 2 weeks ago to do it, but I hadn't been inspired as to what to share. Saturday I worked some extra hours, and then I decided to go to the temple. I just knew that the inspiration would come to me, and sure enough in the middle of the session it did! I was thinking about how simple the ordinances of the Gospel really were. Then the thought hit me: How easy is the way...

As soon as I got into the Celestial Room...and I was anxious to get there once that thought hit me...I grabbed a set of scriptures and found Matthew 11:28-30 and Alma 37:46. Amazing! Short, sweet, bore my testimony and I was done.

The funny thing is, I got the impression that it really wasn't for the group of Angels. I think the inspiration was for a friend of mine that walked into the Celestial Room after I had found those scriptures. While we were in the changing room, I told her about my experience, and she kept saying "wow, I need to read that", "that is exactly what I needed to hear", etc.

Don't you love direct revelation! I sure do!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I am exhausted when I get home, and if I start blogging, I won't stop until I have read every single blog update that I check up on AND make a comment if I feel so inspired...this process may take a VERY long time...time that I could be using being otherwise engaged...such as being asleep.

7 comments:

Jane said...

I am so bummed that I won't get to see you in the Pageant, I am sure you will fantastic - what a fun experience!!

Janel said...

We dont know which day, but we'll be coming to the pageant this week, hopefully bringing non-members. And NO, you can't move. Nope.

Rocketgirl said...

Well... It really does seem like kind of a waste to spend all your day doing a job that doesn't pay you what you're worth and makes you too tired to do the important thing afterward... could you get a decent job in Alabama? Could you come visit me NOW??!?!!? Woo. hoo!

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

I firmly agree with Janel! You simply aren't allowed to move. No way. Sorry charlie!

The Allen Fam said...

So you want to move back there do you. Well if it will help you finish than it will work well for you. Just don't leave until after July cause that is when I am going to be in AZ at least for a day. I miss you tons and love you, well if you do move back to AL you could drive here to visit me. ;)Love ya!

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

I've always said that Tuscaloosa is like one giant black hole that just sucks people in and never lets anyone leave. Just look at me. I will die here and be planted under a huge magnolia tree. You know people would like to see you back...

EmilyLemily said...

Well, if it helps you get your masters finished, I say go for it, even if it means you will be far FAR away again...